Yay!
I chose to name this post, "Yay!" because I don't know how many times that was said over the course of last weekend, when Jen, Susan, and I got together for a long (LOOOOONG) overdue retreat.
We used to get together for a retreat weekend at least once, if not twice a year. Since having kids, I think we've managed to get together for one-nighters just a couple times. Given how infrequently we get to see each other, not to mention how much we all need a little time away, this is completely unacceptable. Which is why I'm so glad we were finally able to plan this weekend. A three day weekend, mind you. This is unheard of territory! Yay!
Once we were all committed to making this retreat happen and confirmed childcare (a million thank yous to awesome dads Brian and Kanji and Jen's awesome parents for taking care of the kiddos!), we looked into locations and settled on the Hotel Del Coronado. As we know, I'm a big fan. I love the Hotel Del, because, although still basically in San Diego, you do have a feeling of being somewhere far away. And since we couldn't really go far away, this time around, this kind of far away was perfect. Yay!
The Hotel Del was wonderful, as always. I requested a room in the Victorian (original) building, since those rooms were remodeled recently, and when Brian and I stayed at the hotel a year and a half ago, we stayed in one of the adjacent buildings and I wanted to see what staying in the main hotel would be like. It was great- we got a room with a "partial ocean view," which was lovely.
The entire weekend was lovely. Just being with these girls was the best. We ate, drank, chatted, and laughed for three straight days. Just like old times. Just seeing our toiletry bags together (we all still had the same ones!) made me happy. Yay!
We left the hotel grounds just once, for dinner on Friday night at the Brigantine.
Other than that,w we took advantage of the amenities at the hotel. We dined at the restaurants, made a stop at the ice cream shop, and even took advantage of the spa for the day on Saturday. We didn't schedule any spa treatments, but instead opted for a day pass which allowed us all day access to the spa facilities such as the steam room, jacuzzi, and lounge. Yay!
It was so nice to get away, hang out, knit, and OMG- sleep in! But the best part was just being able to hang out with my girls again. We committed to making this a yearly event, which I'm so pleased about. See you again next year, Hotel Del!
Not to be left out on the fun, while I was away, Lucy had 'special days" with Brian. After picking her up from school on Friday, they had a lunch date at The Counter.
On Saturday, they went to the California Science Center to see the space shuttle. Later that afternoon, they met up with Ken and Gabby at the park, then went on a daddy-daughter double date for dinner and Pinkberry. So cute! :) On Sunday, they went to Knott's Berry Farm (or, "Knocks Very Farms," as Lucy calls it). It was her first time there and the report is that she loved it, especially one of the rollercoasters, during which Brian said she laughed harder than she ever has in her life. She also loved the Lucy Show. :)
The weekend was nothing short of wonderful.
And it was also wonderful to return home to my loves. I even got a "Mommy, I'm so glad you're home." *melt*
Yay!
We used to get together for a retreat weekend at least once, if not twice a year. Since having kids, I think we've managed to get together for one-nighters just a couple times. Given how infrequently we get to see each other, not to mention how much we all need a little time away, this is completely unacceptable. Which is why I'm so glad we were finally able to plan this weekend. A three day weekend, mind you. This is unheard of territory! Yay!
Once we were all committed to making this retreat happen and confirmed childcare (a million thank yous to awesome dads Brian and Kanji and Jen's awesome parents for taking care of the kiddos!), we looked into locations and settled on the Hotel Del Coronado. As we know, I'm a big fan. I love the Hotel Del, because, although still basically in San Diego, you do have a feeling of being somewhere far away. And since we couldn't really go far away, this time around, this kind of far away was perfect. Yay!
The Hotel Del was wonderful, as always. I requested a room in the Victorian (original) building, since those rooms were remodeled recently, and when Brian and I stayed at the hotel a year and a half ago, we stayed in one of the adjacent buildings and I wanted to see what staying in the main hotel would be like. It was great- we got a room with a "partial ocean view," which was lovely.
The entire weekend was lovely. Just being with these girls was the best. We ate, drank, chatted, and laughed for three straight days. Just like old times. Just seeing our toiletry bags together (we all still had the same ones!) made me happy. Yay!
We left the hotel grounds just once, for dinner on Friday night at the Brigantine.
Other than that,w we took advantage of the amenities at the hotel. We dined at the restaurants, made a stop at the ice cream shop, and even took advantage of the spa for the day on Saturday. We didn't schedule any spa treatments, but instead opted for a day pass which allowed us all day access to the spa facilities such as the steam room, jacuzzi, and lounge. Yay!
Not to be left out on the fun, while I was away, Lucy had 'special days" with Brian. After picking her up from school on Friday, they had a lunch date at The Counter.
On Saturday, they went to the California Science Center to see the space shuttle. Later that afternoon, they met up with Ken and Gabby at the park, then went on a daddy-daughter double date for dinner and Pinkberry. So cute! :) On Sunday, they went to Knott's Berry Farm (or, "Knocks Very Farms," as Lucy calls it). It was her first time there and the report is that she loved it, especially one of the rollercoasters, during which Brian said she laughed harder than she ever has in her life. She also loved the Lucy Show. :)
The weekend was nothing short of wonderful.
And it was also wonderful to return home to my loves. I even got a "Mommy, I'm so glad you're home." *melt*
Yay!

















Comments