Happy Birthday, Brian!

Lucy has been wanting to bake a cake with me for weeks now, so she was really excited when I asked her if she wanted to bake a birthday cake for Daddy's birthday. Of course, she said, "Yes!"


To keep things simple, I opted for the boxed cake mix and canned frosting route. As always, we had fun baking together!





The cake turned out great, if I do say so. ;)


We had a fun day today with Gramma and Grampa C, who came to spend the birthday/Mother's Day weekend with us.


This morning we went out to breakfast at J. Nichols, and then went to walk around the UCLA campus. It was a nostalgic day for Gramma, Grampa, and I, and I was happy to show Brian and Lucy around my old home away from home.


I hadn't been back in over 10 years. While so much of the campus was different, it was also still so familiar and comforting to be back. It just felt good. What a wonderful place, truly.


Pauley Pavillion

 Lucy and the Bruin!

Janns Steps


 Royce Hall


 Powell Library


 My favorite part of campus: The Murphy Sculpture Garden

 Bruin Walk


 

We celebrated Brian's birthday dinner at one of my perennial favorite local eateries: Mosto Enoteca. Besides having absolutely delicious food, our friend/neighbor Massimo is one of the owners and always takes exceptional care of us. Today, for example, he brought glasses of prosecco for Gramma and I in celebration of Mother's Day tomorrow. As I am a huge fan of the bubbly, especially prosecco, I was one happy camper.


Dinner was so yummy! Ask Ash, she knows! :)


After dinner, we went home to enjoy our cake. I hope Brian had a great day, because I know I did! Happy Birthday, B! We love you more than you could ever possibly know!


Comments

ash said…
happy birthday, brian!

Popular Posts