Cinco de Mayo
It's been a cousins weekend, as Lucy and I went to hang out for a while
with Reid and the girls while Brian and Lisa had to work. The cousins
were so excited to hang out together, and Lucy loved going to their pool
with them. :)
As for today, aside from noshing on some chips, salsa, and guacamole this afternoon, we didn't do much to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. But that's not to say that we didn't have fun today. Because we did!
Lucy had a very Special Day with her Aunty Lisa, Uncle Reid, and cousins, as they took her to see Disney on Ice! She got to ride in the van with K&A, had an armed (and armed) escort to the show, and a great view!
She even got to go to Island's for lunch with the rest of the gang.
By all accounts, it was an awesome day! Thanks so much to Lisa and Reid, who took an extra kiddo along for the ride. Lucy had so much fun with some of her favorite peeps!
And just as Lucy was getting picked up for her special day, I also got picked up for a special brunch with some of my favorite peeps (literally, both vehicles pulled up at the same time- ha)! My destination? A pre-Mother's Day brunch with the girls at Catch at Casa del Mar!
It was my first time there, but I do believe I will find an excuse to go back. Catch instantly went onto the list of pretty brunch venues in Santa Monica, along with One Pico at Shutters and my sentimental favorite: Whist at the Viceroy. The restaurant was beautiful, as was the view. (Sister, we might have to find an excuse to brunch there the next time you're in town!)
And the food was yummy! We all enjoyed some prosecco (except for Nicole, who is prego), and I feasted on the dungeness crab florentine. Oh my word.
I had a wonderful time, with wonderful company. I feel so fortunate to know such amazing mommies, who also happen to be great friends (and neighbors). It's a blessing to have these women along with me as we navigate through that thing called Motherhood. I treasure the bond that we have, as well as the bond our children have, together. Such a special group!
And while we're at it, so thankful for Lisa and Reid and the girls, who always take such good care of Lucy when she's with them. Beyond grateful to have them in our lives!
As for today, aside from noshing on some chips, salsa, and guacamole this afternoon, we didn't do much to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. But that's not to say that we didn't have fun today. Because we did!
Lucy had a very Special Day with her Aunty Lisa, Uncle Reid, and cousins, as they took her to see Disney on Ice! She got to ride in the van with K&A, had an armed (and armed) escort to the show, and a great view!
She even got to go to Island's for lunch with the rest of the gang.
Quinn, Kyra, Lucy, Ally, and Dylan
And just as Lucy was getting picked up for her special day, I also got picked up for a special brunch with some of my favorite peeps (literally, both vehicles pulled up at the same time- ha)! My destination? A pre-Mother's Day brunch with the girls at Catch at Casa del Mar!
Kelly, me, Alicia, Ivette, and Nicole
It was my first time there, but I do believe I will find an excuse to go back. Catch instantly went onto the list of pretty brunch venues in Santa Monica, along with One Pico at Shutters and my sentimental favorite: Whist at the Viceroy. The restaurant was beautiful, as was the view. (Sister, we might have to find an excuse to brunch there the next time you're in town!)
And the food was yummy! We all enjoyed some prosecco (except for Nicole, who is prego), and I feasted on the dungeness crab florentine. Oh my word.
I had a wonderful time, with wonderful company. I feel so fortunate to know such amazing mommies, who also happen to be great friends (and neighbors). It's a blessing to have these women along with me as we navigate through that thing called Motherhood. I treasure the bond that we have, as well as the bond our children have, together. Such a special group!
And while we're at it, so thankful for Lisa and Reid and the girls, who always take such good care of Lucy when she's with them. Beyond grateful to have them in our lives!











Comments