Mother's Day 2013
I'm sure I've mentioned before how I had to come back to this holiday. It was hard for a few years after my mom passed away. But since becoming a mom myself, I found a new affection for Mother's Day. I love celebrating being Lucy's mom!
The day was off to a rocky start, since I woke up at 2:15am because Lucy had a bloody nose in the middle of the night (she's okay), and then I couldn't fall asleep for over an hour due to my own allergies. Woke up again at around 5:00am, and then again at 6:30am. Ugh. :( Thankfully, Brian took Lucy out for a donut and they did the grocery shopping without me, so that I could stay at home. So nice! Then it was off to brunch with Gramma and Grampa, Lisa, Reid, Kyra, and Ally at Cafe Del Rey!
It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate Mother's Day with two of my favorite moms! My mother-in-law, who raised two amazing children including Brian, who is truly one of the greatest humans I know; and my sister, who is such a loving mom, who is such a role model to me. I was so happy to be able to share the day with her, and I'm sure my mom was happy about it, too. :)
Despite some lackluster service and not being able to have crab cakes, it was a lovely brunch! We did, after all, have sparkling wine, mimosas, three courses of yummy food, family, and fun! Also, Lucy devoured her cheese pizza, which was a pleasant surprise. Full of win!
Best of all was celebrating my family, especially Brian and Lucy. I am so grateful to have this life with them.
The entire weekend was full of fun. We were so glad to have Gramma and Grampa spend the weekend with us to celebrate Brian's birthday and Mother's Day together, and so happy that Lisa, Reid, and the girls could be a part of it was well! We may need to make this weekend and family brunch a tradition, because it was just too much fun! :)
Happy Mother's Day!!
The day was off to a rocky start, since I woke up at 2:15am because Lucy had a bloody nose in the middle of the night (she's okay), and then I couldn't fall asleep for over an hour due to my own allergies. Woke up again at around 5:00am, and then again at 6:30am. Ugh. :( Thankfully, Brian took Lucy out for a donut and they did the grocery shopping without me, so that I could stay at home. So nice! Then it was off to brunch with Gramma and Grampa, Lisa, Reid, Kyra, and Ally at Cafe Del Rey!
It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate Mother's Day with two of my favorite moms! My mother-in-law, who raised two amazing children including Brian, who is truly one of the greatest humans I know; and my sister, who is such a loving mom, who is such a role model to me. I was so happy to be able to share the day with her, and I'm sure my mom was happy about it, too. :)
Despite some lackluster service and not being able to have crab cakes, it was a lovely brunch! We did, after all, have sparkling wine, mimosas, three courses of yummy food, family, and fun! Also, Lucy devoured her cheese pizza, which was a pleasant surprise. Full of win!
Best of all was celebrating my family, especially Brian and Lucy. I am so grateful to have this life with them.
The entire weekend was full of fun. We were so glad to have Gramma and Grampa spend the weekend with us to celebrate Brian's birthday and Mother's Day together, and so happy that Lisa, Reid, and the girls could be a part of it was well! We may need to make this weekend and family brunch a tradition, because it was just too much fun! :)
















Comments