Look Who's Counting!

Over the past day or so, Lucy started counting from 2-3.  Skipping one, she would say two and three over and over: "Two...three...two...three...", inflections and all.  I assumed she only knew two and three, so I thought ok, we'll work on getting one down.  Then today at lunch, she took me completely by surprise by counting to ten!

Well okay, she still skips over one (but who needs it anyway, we know where this is going, right?) and gets a little stuck at four, but if I give her four, she comes back with five and six. Same with seven (but that's a hard one with two syllables, right?)- when I say seven she follows with eight, nine, and ten.  Who knew??  Where did this come from? It's not like we spend a lot of time counting. Yes, she's been fake-counting non-numbers with the appropriate inflections in her voice, as well as fake-spelling with sort-of letters, but this was real numbers! It was pure craziness! And pure awesomeness!


Makes me wonder what else she has stored up in that cute little noggin!

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
Good job!! Alphabet next? Or, just skip that and spell words?? Wait...
adding and subtracting?? Nah....??
So, so cute!!!
Aunty Sister said…
two.... three... OMG! Uncle Mister and I loved watching you count... two... three...and we love how you throw in cup, cup, CUP... two... three... and bib.
Good job, Missie! We love you
Gramma and Grampa C. said…
Wow, Lucy Bean! Obviously, genius runs in the family! And, a perfectly sensible counting system 2-3-cup-4-5-6-7-8-9-bib. Grampa is going to try using that the next time he's balancing the checkbook. I'm not sure how you could be more adorable, but, I know you'll do it!
We love you, Sweet Pie!
Shelby said…
tooooo cute! that little baby voice is precious! you're such a smart girl, Lucy!!!
Kanj said…
Ha!! I love that she's a multi-tasker!

Popular Posts