Happy Birthday, Sister!
When I was little, along with many of my little girl friends, I longed for a sister. Eventually, thanks to my parents' second marriages, I became blessed to have not one, but two amazing sisters. One of them is celebrating her birthday today!
I was twelve years old when Ash was born. Though I loved having a little sister, we didn't share a lot during those earlier years, I think mainly due to our age difference. Looking back, I feel really bad about that, and I would go back and make more of an effort to be a better big sister if I could. I can't do anything to change the past, but I'm so grateful for how close we are now. We are not only sisters, but friends, and that makes me so happy.
She has said that she's looked up and admired me, but what she probably doesn't know is how much I look up to and admire her, too. Anyone who knows her knows what an amazing woman she is. She is beautiful on the inside and out, intelligent, confident, loyal, she has great taste, she succeeds at anything she sets out to accomplish, and she's a girl who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. If I could 'grow up' to be more like her, I'd be in really good shape! :)
The really fun part about having a sister is discovering (still, to this day) that we share many funny little quirks- like the particular way that we sit with our legs crossed, how we crack our backs and rub our noses (not at the same time), the way we like to eat certain foods, and then there is also our deep rooted shared love for all things shoes and bags (aka: 'friends'), and for corned beef hash patties with eggs and rice. (Mmmm...)
Thank you for being such a loyal and all around awesome sister and friend to me and such a loving and devoted aunty to LJ. I wish I could help you celebrate today over a cupcake (or two) and shopping for birthday shoes! Seriously, we really should re-implement the birthday shoe tradition. And one day, it shall involve Louboutins! ;)
Happy Birthday, Sister!! We love you!!
I was twelve years old when Ash was born. Though I loved having a little sister, we didn't share a lot during those earlier years, I think mainly due to our age difference. Looking back, I feel really bad about that, and I would go back and make more of an effort to be a better big sister if I could. I can't do anything to change the past, but I'm so grateful for how close we are now. We are not only sisters, but friends, and that makes me so happy.
She has said that she's looked up and admired me, but what she probably doesn't know is how much I look up to and admire her, too. Anyone who knows her knows what an amazing woman she is. She is beautiful on the inside and out, intelligent, confident, loyal, she has great taste, she succeeds at anything she sets out to accomplish, and she's a girl who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. If I could 'grow up' to be more like her, I'd be in really good shape! :)
The really fun part about having a sister is discovering (still, to this day) that we share many funny little quirks- like the particular way that we sit with our legs crossed, how we crack our backs and rub our noses (not at the same time), the way we like to eat certain foods, and then there is also our deep rooted shared love for all things shoes and bags (aka: 'friends'), and for corned beef hash patties with eggs and rice. (Mmmm...)
Thank you for being such a loyal and all around awesome sister and friend to me and such a loving and devoted aunty to LJ. I wish I could help you celebrate today over a cupcake (or two) and shopping for birthday shoes! Seriously, we really should re-implement the birthday shoe tradition. And one day, it shall involve Louboutins! ;)
Happy Birthday, Sister!! We love you!!



Comments
I love you too!
XO
PS. Thank you to the Caspers! Oh, and Shelby, you are more than welcome to join us when we shop for our "red bottomed" shoes!! :)