Fieldtrip to the Aquarium

Our mommy & me class went on a fieldtrip to the aquarium this past week.


Driving to Long Beach alongside morning commuters on the 405 south was less than fun, but thank goodness for the carpool lane! (Yes, I made an exception to my personal rule of not driving next to that damn median wall to drive in the carpool lane so that we could get to the aquarium to meet the rest of our class on time.) It really wasn't as far a drive as I had made up in my mind, and despite the traffic, it was easy to get to and park. Tickets are normally $24.95 for adults, but our class was able to get a group rate, which was only $6.00 (children under 3 years old are free). We purchased a membership to the zoo when we were there the other week, and I'm thinking it might be worth it to do the same for the aquarium- that is, if we plan to go more than a couple times a year.

Although we wished Brian could've been with us, we had a great time with our friends from class and  seeing all the fish and other ocean critters up close and personal. Some more up close than others.



We saw tons of fish- small fish, big fish, red fish, blue fish. ;)


We also saw sharks, otters, sea lions, super cool jellyfish and sea horses...



As well as an octopus, and a crazy looking ray-of-some-kind with an amusing (if not disturbing) face!

I mean, seriously- what is up with this guy?

We all met up and entered as a group, but once we were inside we were all free to go at our own pace. It was fun to spend some time outside of class with some of our friends, like Suzanna and Charlotte. Suzanna and I are partners in class, which means that we take turns watching both girls for a half hour  while the other mom is inside for a group discussion. It's worked out really well. Charlotte is a joy, which alleviates some of my stress about having to look after a bonus child, and Suzanna is a wonderful mom, so I feel completely comfortable having Lucy in her care.

Suzanna and Charlotte

Charlotte is a couple months older than Bean, and just about the sweetest girl you would ever meet. She is soft-spoken, but speaks amazingly well- like, in full on sentences! I just adore her. Apparently Charlotte talks about Lucy quite a bit, and Lucy gets excited when I mention seeing Charlotte, the same as when I mention her other friends, Bregan and Gabby. She also says Charlotte's name (pronounced "Cha-et") now, just like Bregan ("Be-ga" or more often, "Bee!") and Gabby (oddly enough pronounced, "Gabby"), so I know she is quite fond of her, too. :)

Charlotte and Lucy

We didn't spend all that much time at the aquarium- maybe a couple hours tops. After a once-through there really wasn't much else to do. But it was a fun time while it lasted, and I look forward to returning one day with Brian.

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
Everybody's 'grownin' up. Mom hazarding the carpool lane and little
Lucy walking around the Aquarium. Who woulda thunk all this less than 2 years ago.

Popular Posts