Week 21: Carrot...and some news!
Well, we're officially into the second half of the pregnancy now (whoa!) and, we have some exciting news! My instincts were right all along (I'm not gloating, just sayin'): Bean is a girl! We had an idea this was the case at our last doctor's appointment, but it was exciting to have this guess confirmed during our most recent appointment last Friday. It's fun to be able to start picturing her as a "her" and imagining what she will be like. I can't wait! Apparently at this point she is the length of a carrot. ;)

According to BabyCenter, Bean is now around 10 1/2 inches long and weighs about 3/4 of a pound. And according to a measurement taken by our OB on Friday, she is just the size she should be at 21 weeks. :) In other news, I started to feel little things in there, although I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling. I know some of it must be Bean moving around, as well as some of my ligaments stretching (lovely). Whatever the case, it's fun to start feeling movement, and it was beyond reassuring to see her little heartbeat again on the ultrasound.
I've been feeling good overall, although sleeping (at night) is proving to be more of a challenge as of late (on the other hand, napping during the day? Not a problem- haha). I bought a body pillow, which has been helping, but I think I need another support of some kind, as I still end up laying on my back at some point- which isn't good. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Good thing we have that ginormous bed after all! Ha! I've also really started to show, like, a lot, which is a trip (!) but also exciting.
Ever since I knew I wanted to have a baby, I had a feeling I would enjoy being pregnant, and so far I'm happy to say that really has been the case. It can be a little uncomfortable at times, and it can be stressful at times, but the process is all so very interesting and amazing and mind-blowing, and I have to say I'm really loving it! :)
Oh, a word about names. We are almost positive about what Bean's real name will be. That said, we've already told some people, to mixed reactions- from stellar ("that's a GREAT name!") to way less than stellar (= a serious bummer). I now see firsthand why a lot of people choose to keep potential names a secret until the baby is born. I'm not sure why people feel more comfortable judging someone's name before they are born when no one feels the need to criticize a baby's name once they're here, but maybe that's just me. (I also apologize to anyone I may have offended in the past by having a less than stellar reaction to their choice of baby names.) Anyway, as a result, I've grown increasingly protective about this, so I'm not comfortable announcing it just yet. When we are 100% certain (or if you REALLY want to know before that), we'll tell you (at least her first name) - at which point you will be required to either a) have a positive reaction, b) fake a positive reaction, or c) keep your reaction to yourself. Thank you. :) Oh but just so you know, she will have an proper name, not a kooky celebrity name, don't worry! We're not nearly famous enough to pull that off. ;)

According to BabyCenter, Bean is now around 10 1/2 inches long and weighs about 3/4 of a pound. And according to a measurement taken by our OB on Friday, she is just the size she should be at 21 weeks. :) In other news, I started to feel little things in there, although I'm not quite sure what I'm feeling. I know some of it must be Bean moving around, as well as some of my ligaments stretching (lovely). Whatever the case, it's fun to start feeling movement, and it was beyond reassuring to see her little heartbeat again on the ultrasound.
I've been feeling good overall, although sleeping (at night) is proving to be more of a challenge as of late (on the other hand, napping during the day? Not a problem- haha). I bought a body pillow, which has been helping, but I think I need another support of some kind, as I still end up laying on my back at some point- which isn't good. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Good thing we have that ginormous bed after all! Ha! I've also really started to show, like, a lot, which is a trip (!) but also exciting.
Ever since I knew I wanted to have a baby, I had a feeling I would enjoy being pregnant, and so far I'm happy to say that really has been the case. It can be a little uncomfortable at times, and it can be stressful at times, but the process is all so very interesting and amazing and mind-blowing, and I have to say I'm really loving it! :)
Oh, a word about names. We are almost positive about what Bean's real name will be. That said, we've already told some people, to mixed reactions- from stellar ("that's a GREAT name!") to way less than stellar (= a serious bummer). I now see firsthand why a lot of people choose to keep potential names a secret until the baby is born. I'm not sure why people feel more comfortable judging someone's name before they are born when no one feels the need to criticize a baby's name once they're here, but maybe that's just me. (I also apologize to anyone I may have offended in the past by having a less than stellar reaction to their choice of baby names.) Anyway, as a result, I've grown increasingly protective about this, so I'm not comfortable announcing it just yet. When we are 100% certain (or if you REALLY want to know before that), we'll tell you (at least her first name) - at which point you will be required to either a) have a positive reaction, b) fake a positive reaction, or c) keep your reaction to yourself. Thank you. :) Oh but just so you know, she will have an proper name, not a kooky celebrity name, don't worry! We're not nearly famous enough to pull that off. ;)



Comments