More lemonade

Brian had to work again this Saturday, so I made another batch of "lemonade." :)


After a slow start (I had to come up with a plan after all), we made our way to the one and only Krispy Kreme in the area. I didn't even realize there was a Krispy Kreme in the area until a few months ago, and now that I know about it, I'm a little afraid. The excuse for going today was to do research for Lucy's birthday party. The real reason is because Lucy and I both love donuts. :) Ash, this is for you.









After our donut research, we went to the art supply store to get some...art supplies, of course! Lucy has been really into painting this past week, so I wanted to get some paint and watercolor-appropriate paper. We love the art supply store!

Then we were on our way home to have lunch, when I realized we would be driving by Mitsuwa, inside of which is Santouka, a yummy ramen place. I asked Lucy if she wanted to stop and have ramen for lunch and she said, "yes." (That's my girl!) So, we stopped. Oh Santouka! It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about you. And you're as delicious as ever!



We ended the day with an early dinner with Brian at M Street Kitchen. Note to self: Must remember that along with their "kids eat free" until 6:30pm, they have an awesome Happy Hour until 6:30pm. Must go back. Often! Lucy even made friends with a little girl named Ava in the next booth, who is almost her twin (they were born 4 days apart and both also like to go by the name "Rapunzel") - it was hilarious!


It goes without saying that I would rather spend our Saturdays having Brian with us. But when he can't be, I do make the most of it and treasure the time Lucy and I have together and use it as an opportunity to have fun together. I will cherish these memories forever. I hope she will, too!


Comments

Popular Posts