Preschool pictures!

Well, these are just crappy pictures of the proofs, but I thought I would share, since I'm so excited about Lucy's very first school pictures. :)

When I picked her up from school on picture day, I asked, "Did you take pictures today?" "Yes," she replied. I don't know what made me ask this next question, but I guess just because I know her, I asked, "Did you smile?" She said, very matter-of-factly, "No, I didn't. I sat like this," and then proceeded to demonstrate by sitting with her hands in her lap and make a pouty face. Oh, great. *eye roll* Still, I hoped for the best. Like, maybe she started out that way, but then maybe the photographer, being the professional that they are, was able to get a smile out of her. Um yeah, nope.

Preschool is super serious business, people!
 
Classic. Haha! I still love it! So cute! Sure, I would have preferred if she were smiling her super happy, signature smiley face, but then this is awesome in it's own "Hello, I'm three, what, did you think I was going to cooperate with you, photographer person?" kind of way. Oh Bean... :)

The class picture is so cute I can't even stand it! Super serious, skeptical, somewhat apprehensive looks times the whole class! Ha! Oh boy... I just showed the class picture to Lucy and asked her to tell me who each person was, expecting her to be able to name a few kids. But to my shock, she named every single person! I couldn't believe it! I'm so proud of her! It makes me happy to know that she knows who everyone is after just a few weeks of being in school for the first time, and makes me feel so good about preschool.

Her class (with the exception of a few students were out that day): 
Top row: Treston, Ms. Alicia, Sofi, Jacques, Izabella, Ms. Allison
Middle row: Daphne, Owen, Mason, Luke L, Tomasso, Gabby, Joel
Front row: Bryce, Charlotte, Luke B, Tabitha, Bean, Ellen, Kate, Esther

She's even made a few new friends! She started the school year with her good friend Charlotte, who she's known since our very first mommy & me class when she was 14 months old. It was reassuring to know that she had a built in friend there from the beginning. And then Gabby, her other good friend from the neighborhood, switched preschools a couple weeks ago, and is now also in her class. Yay! While I'm so happy she has her good buddies in class with her, I was hoping that wouldn't stop her from making new friends. So I've been glad to hear her start to mention other kids' names, too. And then a couple weeks ago, after drop-off, a mom came up to me. "Are you Lucy's mom?" she asked. "Yes," I answered. She said, "I just wanted to introduce myself, because my daughter Kate has been talking about Lucy everyday." Aw! I can't tell you how much that warmed my heart. She made a friend! So cute!! Turns out, Kate's mom, who is also named Shannon, is very cool, and we've since struck up a friendship and even had a play date with the girls yesterday at a great park near the school.

Kate
 
Doing what girlfriends do: go to the bathroom together. :)
 
The girls seem to have similar personalities (and are similar on the chattiness scale), and are even about the same size! (Lucy is the smallest of all of her other friends.) Shannon and I also get along great, so I look forward to many more fun times with those two. :)

Yay for new friends, and yay for a preschool we love!

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
No kidding, preschool is serious business!
Lucy, we're so happy you have so many friends. We love that you're able to make friends seemingly very easily. Have lots of fun at preschool. I don't think a day goes by that we don't talk about you!! We sure think about you all the time.
By the way, we have "posed pictures" of Mom and Aunty Ash, NOT smiling too!
Shelby said…
5Awesome picture!!

Popular Posts