Memorial Day Weekend
Three-day weekends are always nice, especially when we are able to do some fun things. This weekend was a mixture of both previously planned, as well as last minute activities, which made the weekend all the more special.
Friday night, several of us girls went to have drinks and dessert and see What to Expect When You're Expecting. As expected (ha), it was light and fluffy, but cute, relatable, and fun. Bonus: my friend Carrie was an extra in a couple scenes, so it was fun to watch her on the big screen!
Saturday morning took us to Aiden's birthday party at the Travel Town Museum. It was our first visit to Travel Town- what a fun place! Real (old) train cars to look at (including one from Hawaii!), and a cute train ride around the museum grounds. Lucy really enjoyed getting up close and personal to all the old trains.
She also had fun playing with her buddies, and celebrating Aiden's birthday.
Judging from the parties we saw being held that day, it seems to be The venue for Thomas the Train-themed parties. After lunch and cake, we all took a ride on the little train...during which she had her hands over her ears the entire time. (She is very sensitive to loud - or even not at all loud - noises lately, and frequently puts her hands over her ears in protest.) However, after the ride was over, she said, "That was fun!" Go figure.
Later in the day, we met up with Gabby, Bregan, and their families for dinner at Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ. Yum! Family friendly AND yummy ribs- what's not to like? I'm SO excited to have found delicious ribs so close by! We were quite the loud bunch, but we had a great time! It's so much fun to share a meal with friends. :)
We really didn't have anything else scheduled for the rest of the weekend. After our usual breakfast-then-grocery-shopping Sunday morning routine, I went to the mall for a couple hours to take advantage of a sale at Old Navy to buy Lucy some much needed summer clothes. While out, I received a text from Ivette, asking if we wanted to meet up for a beach picnic later in the afternoon. Um, yes!
Talk about a fun, last minute get-together! Five families made it- we were all pretty impressed with ourselves. ;) We went to the beach at Playa Del Rey, which is basically just down the road from us. We had never been, but I don't know why- it's so close, the parking wasn't too terrible, and it's the BEACH!! It was windy and got a little chilly, but it was so nice to be outside, at the beach, and with friends.
The kids had such a blast running around and playing in the sand.
Dads even had fun chatting about...I don't know, dad stuff, I guess. ;)
And I was just so happy to be with the gang. It really makes my heart smile, to see all of us together. We will never forget these special times spent with friends. I hope we can have many more beach picnics together this summer!
This morning, I went for a run, and later we went out to lunch at The Counter. Lucy had fun pretending her menu was all sorts of things, like a telescope, binoculars, flute, and even saxophone.
(Note: I didn't eat a single fry. If you know me AT ALL, you will know what monumental amounts of willpower this took. Where is my medal?)
I was able to get in a nap during Lucy's nap time, then I rounded out the day by cleaning the bathroom- woohoo. (Note: It was long overdue, and I *really* cleaned it from top to bottom. If you know me AT ALL, you will know how much I LOATHE cleaning the bathroom. Hate is too nice of a word. I'll take a medal for this, too.)
Now the long weekend is almost over and I have to look at the bright side:
1. Tomorrow will be Tuesday and not Monday, which means
2. I don't have to run tomorrow morning!
3. Tomorrow is our fieldtrip to the fire station!
4. Only 4 days until the weekend!
5. Fun brunch with the girls on Saturday!
All in all, a really fun weekend. When's the next one?
She also had fun playing with her buddies, and celebrating Aiden's birthday.
Judging from the parties we saw being held that day, it seems to be The venue for Thomas the Train-themed parties. After lunch and cake, we all took a ride on the little train...during which she had her hands over her ears the entire time. (She is very sensitive to loud - or even not at all loud - noises lately, and frequently puts her hands over her ears in protest.) However, after the ride was over, she said, "That was fun!" Go figure.
Later in the day, we met up with Gabby, Bregan, and their families for dinner at Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ. Yum! Family friendly AND yummy ribs- what's not to like? I'm SO excited to have found delicious ribs so close by! We were quite the loud bunch, but we had a great time! It's so much fun to share a meal with friends. :)
We really didn't have anything else scheduled for the rest of the weekend. After our usual breakfast-then-grocery-shopping Sunday morning routine, I went to the mall for a couple hours to take advantage of a sale at Old Navy to buy Lucy some much needed summer clothes. While out, I received a text from Ivette, asking if we wanted to meet up for a beach picnic later in the afternoon. Um, yes!
The kids had such a blast running around and playing in the sand.
Dads even had fun chatting about...I don't know, dad stuff, I guess. ;)
And I was just so happy to be with the gang. It really makes my heart smile, to see all of us together. We will never forget these special times spent with friends. I hope we can have many more beach picnics together this summer!
This morning, I went for a run, and later we went out to lunch at The Counter. Lucy had fun pretending her menu was all sorts of things, like a telescope, binoculars, flute, and even saxophone.
(Note: I didn't eat a single fry. If you know me AT ALL, you will know what monumental amounts of willpower this took. Where is my medal?)
I was able to get in a nap during Lucy's nap time, then I rounded out the day by cleaning the bathroom- woohoo. (Note: It was long overdue, and I *really* cleaned it from top to bottom. If you know me AT ALL, you will know how much I LOATHE cleaning the bathroom. Hate is too nice of a word. I'll take a medal for this, too.)
Now the long weekend is almost over and I have to look at the bright side:
1. Tomorrow will be Tuesday and not Monday, which means
2. I don't have to run tomorrow morning!
3. Tomorrow is our fieldtrip to the fire station!
4. Only 4 days until the weekend!
5. Fun brunch with the girls on Saturday!
All in all, a really fun weekend. When's the next one?








































Comments
Lucy you look like Grampa with your hands on your hips.