My first 5K!

As I mentioned briefly in my last post, some of us Moms decided to participate in a 5K this past Saturday, called the Race for Success. Proceeds go to help local area schools, including our new neighborhood elementary school, which will open for classes this coming Fall.

Ivette, Kelly, Alicia, me, Jaime, Nicole

While the majority of the group walked the route, either solo or pushing a toddler in a stroller; Kelly, who (recently gave birth to her second child, by the way, and who) is training for her first marathon, ran the entire way (yes, she is a rockstar); and I did a walk/run combo. Since I'm going through Couch-to-5K again, my plan from the get go was to follow the given plan for that week (week 3), and then walk the rest. It was still a workout! Plus, we walked to and from the 5K (which involved big hills, mind you). So when all was said and done, I realized I had been either walking or running for 4 hours. And I felt it, too (*ouch*). But, I also felt GREAT!

 at the finish line!

I'm not sure when my next 5K will be, but I do hope to do another one at some point in the future, and next time I hope to run the whole thing!

Comments

sister said…
I am so PROUD of you!
Great job!
xo
Gramma (and Grampa F) said…
A terrific accomplishment. Congratulations! Lookin good.
Shelby said…
woo hoo!! I would love to run one with you!!

Popular Posts