Behind the Scenes: Storybook Photo Shoot
Stephanie, a photographer friend of ours, will be launching a new section
of her business, which will involve photo shoots involving a storybook theme, in which the images will resemble magazine
layouts. To get sample shots for her marketing materials, she approached Alicia and I and asked if she could use Lucy and Bregan, as she wanted to photograph friends who play well
together. The shoot would be at no cost to us, and she would provide us with the images afterward. We hadn't had a chance to shoot with Stephanie before, but many of my friends have, so I've seen her work. Her photographs are beautiful. We
immediately jumped at the opportunity!
Last week, Stephanie sent us pictures of the color palette she was using to build the props, so that we could plan outfits for the girls. Since we didn't have clothes that were appropriate, Alicia and I took the girls shopping last weekend, to see if we could find coordinating outfits. We had the girls try on many outfits (and they vetoed most of them), but we ended up finding the perfect ensembles- matching shorts with coordinating tops, shoes, and headbands. We were so relieved, and we couldn't wait to see the girls dressed up in their new clothes (for more than a few seconds in the dressing room)!
The photo shoot was this morning at a nearby park. Stephanie did an amazing job with creating the setting and props- the set-up was adorable! She just wanted the girls to play naturally, so we just let them at it. You never really know what you're gonna get when you're dealing with 2.5
year-old models, so we were thrilled that they were in a cooperative mood today. They absolutely loved the tea
party set up and got right into it and had fun having a tea party together. They shared cupcake frosting with each other and took turns pouring tea for each other, chatting away the whole time. It was too cute!
After some tea party shots, Stephanie gave them "magic wands" to play around with, which were a huge hit! They sprinkled "magic dust" all over the park and marina, and had a grand old time! They barely noticed they were having their pictures taken!
After some tea party shots, Stephanie gave them "magic wands" to play around with, which were a huge hit! They sprinkled "magic dust" all over the park and marina, and had a grand old time! They barely noticed they were having their pictures taken!
I'm so grateful for the opportunity to capture these two friends and all their cuteness in professional photos. It was a fantastic morning, filled with wonderful memories, and I can't wait to see the real photos!
(Lucy and I also have a Mother's Day mini shoot with Stephanie booked for later in the month, which I'm really looking forward to. She is so talented, and a joy to work with. I'm so excited!)







Comments