Happy Hinamatsuri!

I always loved Girl's Day growing up (and I still do)! It's a fun way to celebrate being a girl (no matter what age you are), and now- celebrating my girl. :)

Lucy's Japanese doll collection

Lucy is a lucky girl- for her second Girl's Day, she received some fun goodies from Grampa Howard Gramma and Grampa F. She was so excited to receive special presents in the mail, and had so much fun opening it all (and tasting the goodies)!







Brian and I got her a few new books and a doctor's kit. Not exactly traditional Girl's Day gifts, but hey.

Although Brian had to work on Girl's Day, Lucy and I made lemonade from lemons and enjoyed a girly morning of shopping with two of our favorite girls, Alicia and Bregan. The (little) girls tried on quite a few outfits each, since our goal was to find them coordinating outfits for an upcoming photo shoot. (More on that in a later post, I'm sure.) They were funny- they definitely had their opinions on which ones they liked and didn't. It was a somewhat exhausting task, but ultimately satisfying, as we found the perfect outfits. We celebrated the girls being such troopers, and our successful shopping expedition, with a post-shopping french fries. :)

The day ended just as sweet as it began, as we met up with Lisa, Reid, Kyra, and Ally for a Girl's Day dinner at M Street Kitchen. We had a great meal, with great company.

cousins!

sisters!

I hope everyone had a happy Girl's Day! I know we did!

Comments

Gramma and Grampa F said…
Happy Girl's Day!
It's always fun to watch little girls enjoy their special day. Thanks for sharing your day.

Popular Posts