Forty-two, schmorty-two
Yes, it's been weeks, but I just wanted to mention that I had an awesome birthday.
It started off with birthday wishes from my two favorite people. :) I picked up my phone and saw a text from Jen :) Then, when I logged onto my computer, I was overwhelmed by birthday wishes on various social media. And the calls, texts, and messages continued throughout the day. It was fantastic!
It was pretty much our usual Thursday, but packed with lots of extra girl time. Art class in the morning and lunch afterwards with Alicia and Bregan. It was so warm that day, so we were able to enjoy a lovely mother-daughter lunch outside. So nice. :) I love that we're able to do things like this with the girls now, by the way. Good times!
The girl time continued in full force, when the girls took me out to dinner to celebrate! We went to Mosto Enoteca for dinner. I was especially excited, since Mosto is owned by neighbor friends of ours, and I've heard how good the food is. We dined in the restaurant's private room, ordered several appetizers for the group, as well a bottle of wine to share (for the 3 out of 7 of us who aren't pregnant), entrees, and desserts. Every single thing was absolutely delicious! I was treated not only to a delicious dinner, but also received cards and gifts, which I wasn't expecting. I felt (and feel) truly blessed to have found a great group of friends in the 'hood. :)
That weekend, Brian took me out to dinner. By now I shouldn't have to tell you where we went, since it's the place I choose to go every year for my birthday dinner, but it's so good that I will mention it again- Crustacean! If I find a meal I love more than their roasted crab and garlic noodles, I will be amazed. Anyway, I was super excited about our annual pilgrimage to Crustacean, and, once again, savored every single last bite of garlicky deliciousness!
My birthday was so special! Thanks to everyone who helped make it so. :)
...and while we're on the subject of birthdays, Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Dad and Ash, who also celebrated birthdays this month! Love you!
It started off with birthday wishes from my two favorite people. :) I picked up my phone and saw a text from Jen :) Then, when I logged onto my computer, I was overwhelmed by birthday wishes on various social media. And the calls, texts, and messages continued throughout the day. It was fantastic!
It was pretty much our usual Thursday, but packed with lots of extra girl time. Art class in the morning and lunch afterwards with Alicia and Bregan. It was so warm that day, so we were able to enjoy a lovely mother-daughter lunch outside. So nice. :) I love that we're able to do things like this with the girls now, by the way. Good times!
besties at the fountain
The girl time continued in full force, when the girls took me out to dinner to celebrate! We went to Mosto Enoteca for dinner. I was especially excited, since Mosto is owned by neighbor friends of ours, and I've heard how good the food is. We dined in the restaurant's private room, ordered several appetizers for the group, as well a bottle of wine to share (for the 3 out of 7 of us who aren't pregnant), entrees, and desserts. Every single thing was absolutely delicious! I was treated not only to a delicious dinner, but also received cards and gifts, which I wasn't expecting. I felt (and feel) truly blessed to have found a great group of friends in the 'hood. :)
Stacy, Nicole, Ivette, Alicia, Kelly, me, and Lori
That weekend, Brian took me out to dinner. By now I shouldn't have to tell you where we went, since it's the place I choose to go every year for my birthday dinner, but it's so good that I will mention it again- Crustacean! If I find a meal I love more than their roasted crab and garlic noodles, I will be amazed. Anyway, I was super excited about our annual pilgrimage to Crustacean, and, once again, savored every single last bite of garlicky deliciousness!
My birthday was so special! Thanks to everyone who helped make it so. :)
self-portrait on my 42nd birthday





Comments
I LOVE you!
The next time I visit, please remind me that I visit I want to go to your bday dinner restaurant!