Owl spotted at school and Gymboree

After being inspired by a costume idea I saw on Pinterest, I decided to make Lucy's Halloween costume this year. Well, first I asked her if she wanted to be an owl, and she said, "yes." I offered up a couple other options, but she said she wanted to be an owl, so yay! Although I was able to follow the instructions for the owl body, I decided that I also wanted to make wings, but since there wasn't instructions for wings, I had to sort of 'wing it' - haha. *ahem* Same thing applied to the mask, since I wanted to make it out of felt and there were no real instructions for that part. Why I always seem to make things harder for myself is a mystery. What can I say- I get an idea in my head, and then I have to try to make it a reality. So anyway, after many nights of cutting, hand-stitching, and gluing, we had a finished owl. Hoo! Hoo!


Our teacher Kathy, who is a mom of three adult girls, told me she used to say that the mark of a great mom was one who hand made costumes. To which I relied, "Either that, or it's the mark of a crazy mom!" I have to say, though, that I am quite proud of this little costume. Bonus #1: It fits! Bonus #2: She loves it AND even keeps her mask on (for much longer than I would have expected). Total win!

Bean the Owl made her first appearance at school this week. The kiddos decorated treat bags (seen above), dressed up, and then went trick-or-treating through a few of the adult education classrooms.

"I love candy!"

After that, we returned for a little Halloween carnival, where they could play games and win prizes.





 There was even a doughnut-eating game, Checkers and Pogo style! As you can imagine, this particular game was a big hit! Although, the "no-hands" rule wasn't strictly enforced. :)





It was adorable. And lots of fun! One of my favorite moments was when Lucy's owl mask fell off and her best friend Bregan put it back on for her. Melty melt melt. SO cute! Cutest BFFs ever!

 you can always count on your BFF to help you out. :)


even dinosaurs and owls need snacks


The following day, Lucy got to wear her costume again, this time to Gymboree. :)



 blowing bubbles with Rachel

Yay, Halloween week!

Stay tuned for photos from our trip to the farm!

Comments

aunty (sister) said…
YEAH! Halloween Week! YEAH!
Uncle Mister and I love the Owl costume!
-Awesome job on the costume!
XO
Grampa and Gramma F said…
Wow! Couldn't even tell who that was!
Great job on the costume!

Popular Posts