2nd birthday party
Lucy was so excited about her birthday this year! In part, I think, because some of her friends have already had their birthdays, so she was more aware and knew what to expect. She was excited when she woke up that morning and then came into the living room and saw her birthday banner. And she was excited about her party, too!
We wanted to include Lucy's buddies this year, since she has real buddies this year. :) With that in mind, the main goal for this year's party was for all the kids to play and have fun. To keep things low-key, we decided to have a glorified "play date" friends in the late morning and Polliwog Park was the perfect venue! It was one of the best play dates ever! We had lots of snack foods on hand, as well as fun mini funfetti cupcakes. For the play date theme, I made personalized sand pails with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and sunglasses as favors for each child.
We were so happy that so many of our friends and family (including two sets of grandparents) could join us to celebrate!
Lucy enjoyed running around the playground and up and down the hill, playing with her cousins and friends, and even though she doesn't care for cake, she loved hearing everybody sing "Happy Birthday" to her. :)
I'm pretty sure the guests had fun, I know I had an awesome day, and I know the birthday girl had fun, because after the party, she said, "I had fun!" :)
It was such a great day all the way around. Couldn't have asked for better!
We wanted to include Lucy's buddies this year, since she has real buddies this year. :) With that in mind, the main goal for this year's party was for all the kids to play and have fun. To keep things low-key, we decided to have a glorified "play date" friends in the late morning and Polliwog Park was the perfect venue! It was one of the best play dates ever! We had lots of snack foods on hand, as well as fun mini funfetti cupcakes. For the play date theme, I made personalized sand pails with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and sunglasses as favors for each child.
We were so happy that so many of our friends and family (including two sets of grandparents) could join us to celebrate!
Lucy enjoyed running around the playground and up and down the hill, playing with her cousins and friends, and even though she doesn't care for cake, she loved hearing everybody sing "Happy Birthday" to her. :)
I'm pretty sure the guests had fun, I know I had an awesome day, and I know the birthday girl had fun, because after the party, she said, "I had fun!" :)
It was such a great day all the way around. Couldn't have asked for better!







































Comments
See you soon. Kisses and hugs!