Sleep (and other) stuff
We find Lucy alseep in the craziest positions. One night we found her like this: wedged up in a corner, one hand tucked in the side between the bumper and the mattress, with her little tush up in the air. I don't know how this could be at all comfortable, but I also don't question it- sleep is sleep. And anyway, come on- how cute is this?
Speaking of sleep, today is a big day. We moved Lucy's crib into the second bedroom this afternoon. Which means that she is sleeping in her own room for the first time tonight as I write this. Which means we're not sure what to expect from this change, but so far, so good! Fingers crossed!
ETA: Well, it was so-so. She fell asleep right away when I put her down at bedtime in the evening, so I secretly hoped we were good to go and that she might sleep through her midnight-ish feeding. Nope. Woke up as usual. I fed her and put her back down and this time- not so much. She would fall asleep for a little while then wake up crying. We tried letting her cry for a while and when that didn't work, we took turns going in there. Lots of crying. She finally fell asleep at around 3:00 am...at least that's our best guess. Both Brian and I fell asleep! Then she slept until (what's become) her normal wake-up time: 7:00am. Needless to say, we're all sleepy this morning. I put her down for her morning nap a little early and she went right to sleep. Hoping that she takes some good naps today and that we have a better night tonight!
And now for some administrative business: Comments are going to be done a little differently from now on, but don't worry- it's not complicated (it may even be easier than before). And for anyone who hasn't commented yet this may be a good time to try it out (hint, hint)!
To leave a comment:
1. Click on the comment link below.
2. Leave your comment.
3. Under "Choose an identity" select "Name/URL".
4. Type your name in the space provided (ignore the URL part).
5. Click the "Publish your comment" button.
See? Easy peasy! (And in case you're wondering, all previous comments are saved and I'm going to work on getting them back on the blog.) :)
Speaking of sleep, today is a big day. We moved Lucy's crib into the second bedroom this afternoon. Which means that she is sleeping in her own room for the first time tonight as I write this. Which means we're not sure what to expect from this change, but so far, so good! Fingers crossed!ETA: Well, it was so-so. She fell asleep right away when I put her down at bedtime in the evening, so I secretly hoped we were good to go and that she might sleep through her midnight-ish feeding. Nope. Woke up as usual. I fed her and put her back down and this time- not so much. She would fall asleep for a little while then wake up crying. We tried letting her cry for a while and when that didn't work, we took turns going in there. Lots of crying. She finally fell asleep at around 3:00 am...at least that's our best guess. Both Brian and I fell asleep! Then she slept until (what's become) her normal wake-up time: 7:00am. Needless to say, we're all sleepy this morning. I put her down for her morning nap a little early and she went right to sleep. Hoping that she takes some good naps today and that we have a better night tonight!
And now for some administrative business: Comments are going to be done a little differently from now on, but don't worry- it's not complicated (it may even be easier than before). And for anyone who hasn't commented yet this may be a good time to try it out (hint, hint)!
To leave a comment:
1. Click on the comment link below.
2. Leave your comment.
3. Under "Choose an identity" select "Name/URL".
4. Type your name in the space provided (ignore the URL part).
5. Click the "Publish your comment" button.
See? Easy peasy! (And in case you're wondering, all previous comments are saved and I'm going to work on getting them back on the blog.) :)


Comments