Must See Meatballs

Brian probably wouldn't say it, because he's humble like that, so I will: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs opens this Friday- go see it! :) And in case you're wondering I have seen the movie, so this recommendation is coming from an actual movie-goer, not just as a proud wife (and mom, but more on that later).

We were able to attend a cast and crew screening of the movie on Monday night, while Mom and Dad C watched Lucy. We felt bad leaving Gramma and Grampa with a crying baby, but were very thankful that we were able to go on our first 'date night' in oh, 12-plus weeks. We went to see the movie in Westwood, and then went to an after party at the main lot at Brian's work. It was fun to see the movie with so many people who worked so hard on it, it was wonderful to have an evening out, even though we talked about her all night and Brian showed off pictures from his phone, and it was great to be able to hang out with Brian's coworkers at the party. Everyone seemed excited about how the movie turned out- as they should be!

The movie is clever, fun, and really funny, voiced by some great actors (including Bill Hader and Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live, Anna Farris, James Caan, and Mr. T!), and looks great, especially in 3D! If you have kids old enough, or if you just want a brief escape from the economy, health care reform debates, or just your everyday life, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a 90 minutes of carefree entertainment. This movie isn't just for kids- you'll like it, I swear. Especially if you're a foodie, like I am. I mean, food falling out of the sky? Snowball fights with ice cream? What's not to like? :)

And when you do see the movie (see what I did right there?) make sure to stay for the end credits. The animators did a good job on them, plus you'll get to see Brian's name prominently displayed (yay- so proud!) as well as the name of...a certain miss Lucy! No, we didn't break any child labor laws- she didn't actually work on the movie, too. There is a section at the end of the credits that lists 'Production Babies' (the names of babies who were born while the movie was being made) and yes, our little lady's name is right there on the big screen! I had no idea it was going to be there, so it was an awesome surprise. So cute! So now you have to see it! What else are you gonna see this weekend, anyway? Jennifer's Body? I didn't think so. ;)

And since no post would be complete without a little bit of Miss Lucy, and since the topic today is movies, I'll leave you with a short video of the little lady 'talking' while playing on her mat.



I know. It kills me, too. :)

Comments

Popular Posts