Week 40: Pumpkin

Full-term! Yay! Let us give Bean props for staying incubated for the duration, and then quickly move on to coaxing her to come the heck out already!

Despite being past the 40 week mark, according to BabyCenter, we still have a couple of weeks before we'll be considered "post-term." Which is good. It means we're still okay. Just tardy. ;)

We had a check-up today, where the doctor performed a biometrics check, which was basically an ultrasound, where he checked the amount of amniotic fluid (still good) and movement. Because she wasn't too active during the ultrasound (figures!), I also underwent a nonstress test (NST). This involved me drinking some apple juice and then being hooked up to a fetal monitor for around a half an hour to monitor Bean's heart rate and movements. Given her tardiness, it should probably come as no big surprise that she wasn't being super cooperative during the NST in the beginning. She seemed to be taking a little nap or something (...or just being stubborn). I was like- oh come on, you move all the time, and now you're gonna stay still? It wasn't until I switched positions (from being on my back to my side) and the doctor mentioning something about possibly needing to make a trip to the hospital to be monitored (not to mention me telepathically begging her to move) that she got to moving enough that the doctor was able to ascertain enough information to let us go home.

So now we continue to wait and hope this little gal decides to get a move on in the next few days. Otherwise, we have another appointment on Friday, for another NST and to discuss our options and where we would go from there (re: induction). Between now and then the plan is to try to be as calm and positive as possible (easier said than done at this point) and I guess I'll continue to implement the begging technique some more. ;) I never thought I would actually wish for contractions to start, but this is what it's come to. Ha! (I'm really gonna need that salad- soon!)

In other news, though it is similar in that it will also require trying to stay as calm and positive as possible - we were just informed yesterday that our landlady will be selling (or renovating, then selling, or something) the property that our little house is on. Which means, we have 60 days to find a new place and move. Yes, you read that right! No, I'm not freaking kidding you! Yes, I'm totally serious! Yes, really! And no, I can't believe it either! I'm not sure why the universe works likes this (a bunch of things happening at once) but it does seem to do that from time to time, does it not? So anyway...yeah...wish us luck finding a new place, packing, moving, and NOT losing our minds in the process! We'll need it! At least, I will.

Well, that's it for now. More to come by the weekend, if not before. Until then, consider no news...well, no news!

Me and Bean, taken on her due date of June 13th, at exactly 40 weeks

Comments

Popular Posts