Due Date Eve

Here we are, a day away from Bean's assigned "due date" and so far she hasn't shown signs that she's in any sort of rush to move out. (Come on, you can't be *that* comfy in there!) ;)

We had a check-up today (and have now met every OB in the practice). We had our first ultrasound in a long time, during which we learned that Bean is a little over 7 lbs. (supposedly), her heartbeat looks good, and the (amniotic) fluid level also looks good. I also had my first pelvic exam, and can I just say: ouch! The doctor checked my cervix and apparently I'm a little effaced but not really dilated yet (we weren't given numbers).

The current plan (unless something happens before then) is we go back for another check-up on Tuesday, when they will do another pelvic exam (gee, I can't wait) and a kind of "stress test" where they will monitor her heart rate. Then, if nothing happens by next Saturday (the 21st), they will induce. (So Lisa and Reid- you'll both be happy to know your birthdays are still in the running!)

And so now a plea: If we could all join forces to will our little Bean to please get the show on the road sometime before next Saturday, we would be much obliged. Because, much as I'm still a little weary of the whole labor and delivery portion of the program, and much as someone will have to remind as to where the remote is supposed to go once my shelf is gone, I would really, really prefer to not have to be induced!

Come on, Bean! You've done an awesome job hanging out for the entire 40 weeks- good girl! Now, please feel free to join the party. There are some people out here who are really anxious to meet you! :)

Comments

Popular Posts