Come OUT, Baby!
Here we are, a day away from being a week overdue, and we're still awaiting Bean's grand entrance. But, we did have another check-up this afternoon and I'm happy to report that we've at least made some progress. I underwent another nonstress test. This time, I started off on my left side and also listened to a Hypnobabies track to relax (which usually gets Bean moving) and she cooperated (moved around) a lot more, so I we didn't have to be monitored for as long. I also had another ultrasound and pelvic exam. The good news is that Bean's heart rate is good and strong and there's still plenty of amniotic fluid, so it's still safe for her to be in there. The even better news is we were told that I'm about 90% effaced and 2 cm dilated, which means we're making progress! Hooray! During the pelvic, Dr. Bruksch "stripped the membranes," which is supposed to help induce labor. (This process involves the doctor placing a finger inside the opening of the cervix to separate the membrane (amniotic sac) from the uterus.) Dr. Bruksch thinks there's a good possibility of me going into labor in the next 24-48 hours (for whatever that's worth...I hope the baby was paying attention) and obviously this is our hope as well...we shall see!
Dr. Bruksch also said that, because of how well Bean is doing and because there is still plenty of fluid, we could continue to wait it out...or, we could decide to be induced- he is leaving the decision to us, which I appreciate. His preference would be to not continue for too much longer, and at this point, it isn't really our preference either.
So for now we're playing it by ear. I'll continue to listen to my Hypnobabies "Come OUT, Baby!" track, hope that the membrane stripping trick worked, and maybe even get some of THE salad, in hopes that I'll go into labor on my own sometime in the next couple of days. Our current plan is to reassess where we're at on Sunday, if nothing has happened by then. At that point, we may be headed to the hospital to be induced. We're still hoping it doesn't come to that, but at least I'm not feeling *quite* as freaked out by the idea of induction now, in light of these recent developments and knowing that the wheels have been set in motion.
Wish us luck!
Dr. Bruksch also said that, because of how well Bean is doing and because there is still plenty of fluid, we could continue to wait it out...or, we could decide to be induced- he is leaving the decision to us, which I appreciate. His preference would be to not continue for too much longer, and at this point, it isn't really our preference either.So for now we're playing it by ear. I'll continue to listen to my Hypnobabies "Come OUT, Baby!" track, hope that the membrane stripping trick worked, and maybe even get some of THE salad, in hopes that I'll go into labor on my own sometime in the next couple of days. Our current plan is to reassess where we're at on Sunday, if nothing has happened by then. At that point, we may be headed to the hospital to be induced. We're still hoping it doesn't come to that, but at least I'm not feeling *quite* as freaked out by the idea of induction now, in light of these recent developments and knowing that the wheels have been set in motion.
Wish us luck!


Comments