Week 39: Watermelon
According to BabyCenter (and the OB we saw at our check-up last week) Bean probably weighs around 7 pounds, like a mini watermelon. Finally! A fruit analogy I can totally get behind- this is exactly what it looks like I have in my belly!
The rest of my body looks pretty much like it did before (shockingly, but we can "thank" the GD for that) except that I now have this giant oblong - watermelon-shaped, if you will - belly sticking out.
Physically I'm still feeling good, although I never know what to expect when it comes to sleeping. Some nights I wake up more often than others and end up more achey than others, despite my best attempts at replicating the "good" nights every night. One night recently I was plagued by insomnia for 4 hours, then two days later I slept in until noon. Ah well. I'm still thankful that I'm still feeling as good as I do overall. Some unavoidable aches and pains, but nothing really worth complaining about. Brian even told me I looked cute before we left the house to run some errands over the weekend! I'll take a compliment like that any day of the week, but especially when I'm 39 weeks pregnant and looking like I'm trying to smuggle a basketball under my blouse! :)
I seem to be doing better in the freak out department this week (at least thus far- this could change on a dime). I think it may be due in part to last week being my first week off and I still felt like I had errands to run and things to do around the house. Now that most of that stuff is out of the way I have been feeling more freedom to chill out, and I do feel more relaxed. My friend Julia thinks that when I come to peace with it a little more is when I'll go into labor, because the body knows how to prepare us for these things. That makes a lot of sense to me, so well see!
We had a really nice (and productive) weekend. We ran some errands, had a yummy lunch, and Brian even assembled some baby gear. :)
We recently learned that the new Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook opened near our house, so we went to check it out. OMG. It's so beautiful up there - and so quiet - and the views are incredible- you can literally see the entire city! If there were more areas with shade, I could see hanging out there for hours, but it's really not that kind of a place...oh well, we still have The Getty for that! :)
and finally...our neighborhood! We could spot some of our favorite landmarks,
Brian's work, and even our own roof!
A few weeks ago we shared Brian's baby cup and fork. Here's a little something from my early days: my baby book!
Love my mom for starting it, even though she didn't get too far. ;) Oh well, it's still fun to see the parts she did fill out. :)
I started Bean's book, and we'll see how far I get with it. Despite my best intentions, I'm not sure I know anyone with a completed one of these things, so I have no illusions of grandeur here. Hopefully the blog will provide a good back-up, just in case!
The rest of my body looks pretty much like it did before (shockingly, but we can "thank" the GD for that) except that I now have this giant oblong - watermelon-shaped, if you will - belly sticking out.Physically I'm still feeling good, although I never know what to expect when it comes to sleeping. Some nights I wake up more often than others and end up more achey than others, despite my best attempts at replicating the "good" nights every night. One night recently I was plagued by insomnia for 4 hours, then two days later I slept in until noon. Ah well. I'm still thankful that I'm still feeling as good as I do overall. Some unavoidable aches and pains, but nothing really worth complaining about. Brian even told me I looked cute before we left the house to run some errands over the weekend! I'll take a compliment like that any day of the week, but especially when I'm 39 weeks pregnant and looking like I'm trying to smuggle a basketball under my blouse! :)
I seem to be doing better in the freak out department this week (at least thus far- this could change on a dime). I think it may be due in part to last week being my first week off and I still felt like I had errands to run and things to do around the house. Now that most of that stuff is out of the way I have been feeling more freedom to chill out, and I do feel more relaxed. My friend Julia thinks that when I come to peace with it a little more is when I'll go into labor, because the body knows how to prepare us for these things. That makes a lot of sense to me, so well see!
We had a really nice (and productive) weekend. We ran some errands, had a yummy lunch, and Brian even assembled some baby gear. :)
We recently learned that the new Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook opened near our house, so we went to check it out. OMG. It's so beautiful up there - and so quiet - and the views are incredible- you can literally see the entire city! If there were more areas with shade, I could see hanging out there for hours, but it's really not that kind of a place...oh well, we still have The Getty for that! :)
and finally...our neighborhood! We could spot some of our favorite landmarks,Brian's work, and even our own roof!
A few weeks ago we shared Brian's baby cup and fork. Here's a little something from my early days: my baby book!
Love my mom for starting it, even though she didn't get too far. ;) Oh well, it's still fun to see the parts she did fill out. :)
I started Bean's book, and we'll see how far I get with it. Despite my best intentions, I'm not sure I know anyone with a completed one of these things, so I have no illusions of grandeur here. Hopefully the blog will provide a good back-up, just in case!





Comments