Week 32: Jicama

According to BabyCenter Bean weighs around 3.75 pounds (like a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long. She'll continue to fatten up and gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz), and her skin is becoming soft and smooth.

We had a visit to the OB last Friday. Interestingly enough, I haven't gained any weight since our last check-up. But, they say this is normal, considering the GD and the significant dietary changes I've had to make because of it. The doctor measured my belly and says Bean is the size she should be, so that's all that matters (and I guess I shouldn't complain about not gaining excessive baby weight that I will then have to lose). My very scientific *ahem* deduction is that my fat (displacement) to baby (gain) ratio must be canceling each other out- clearly Bean is growing, so she must be gaining weight, but I probably lost some of the extra weight that I'd previously gained, due to my new diet. Remember, I'm eating considerably smaller meals, way fewer calories, much less fat, carefully appropriated carbs, and no refined sugar.

Work last week was unusually stressful (understatement), so I used this past weekend the decompress. I left the house to go to our check-up, to the market, and to walk the 'hood with Brian and Dakota, but other than that I was a homebody- and I was totally okay with that! Sometimes you just need that down time, you know? I did, however, manage to knit and do some yoga, so it isn't like I did absolutely nothing! ;)

I'm so excited- we're going on a babymoon after all! Brian mentioned something about this to a friend of his who suggested this place in Carmel that offers a golf and spa package. What could be more perfect? The hardest part was trying to figure out a weekend when we could go. We have things planned during nearly all the weekends between now and when Bean is due to arrive, with the exception of the last couple of weeks, but we're purposely not scheduling anything then, since who knows what's going to happen! Luckily, this place had rooms available on the weekend we're available, so we'll be heading up north in a week and a half, doogles in tow (yes, this place is also dog-friendly)! I can't wait! I'm looking forward to having some quality time with my two favorite guys, and the fact that we're going to Carmel is all the more exciting since Brian and I went up there a few years ago and had a really good time- it'll be fun to go back. I love it up there- it's so pretty! (Have I mentioned that I'm excited?)

Until then, I'll just be pluggin' away at work, forging my way through GD Land* and standing by to receive updates from Shelby, who is anxiously awaiting the arrival of little baby Nicholas! :)

* Not to be confused with either Disneyland or Candy Land (certainly not the latter!), both of which are considerably more fun!

Comments

Popular Posts