Postcard from the Huntington
This morning we went to visit the Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens. I had been there briefly once during college, but honestly don't remember anything about it aside from who I was with (my art historian friend, Stuart, who happens to now be a curator at the Tate Modern in London) and what I wore (a t-shirt from my friend Pat's graphic design company, McClark & Finn). Go figure.
We kept to the gardens this time, but I would love to go back and see the library and art collections another time. The gardens are stunning, covering 120 acres. We happened to arrive just when a tour was about to begin, so we took the opportunity to have a guided tour through several of the gardens. I am always drawn to succulents and desert plants, so The Desert Garden was one of my favorites.
The Rose Garden was also beautiful, as was the Chinese Garden, and the Children's Garden was fun.
However, I think my favorite was the Japanese Garden. I do love me some Japanese gardens!
It was a cool, gray, overcast day, but the gardens couldn't have been more beautiful. I could easily see spending an entire day wandering the grounds.
We kept to the gardens this time, but I would love to go back and see the library and art collections another time. The gardens are stunning, covering 120 acres. We happened to arrive just when a tour was about to begin, so we took the opportunity to have a guided tour through several of the gardens. I am always drawn to succulents and desert plants, so The Desert Garden was one of my favorites.
The Rose Garden was also beautiful, as was the Chinese Garden, and the Children's Garden was fun.
However, I think my favorite was the Japanese Garden. I do love me some Japanese gardens!
It was a cool, gray, overcast day, but the gardens couldn't have been more beautiful. I could easily see spending an entire day wandering the grounds.
















Comments