Halloween, part 2: the main event!

For the second year in a row, we went to Lori and Jim's house for a potluck dinner, pre-trick-or-treating festivities, followed by trick-or-treating around their neighborhood. It was just as fun as last year!


We ate, the kids played, and got to take a turn at the pinata. Lucy declined a turn, but Bregan took a swing!


After that, we rounded up the kids for the traditional, awesomely chaotic pre-trick-or-treating group picture on the couch. Compare to last year and you'll notice we've just about doubled in size, with the addition of all the siblings. :)




Then, it was off to trick-or-treat! I thought the kids were into it last year, but that was nothing compared to this year! They were SO into it, walking by themselves up to each house. We felt kind of bad that we bum-rushed every house with almost ten kids at once. ;)


We loved watching the kids' excitement as they approached each house in anticipation of going to the door. I heard Lucy say, "Thank you" after getting her treats, which made me proud, and then she was always excited to run back to me to say, "Mom! Look at all the treats I have NOW!" :)


It was so much fun, as always, to be able to share special days like this with our friends. I live for traditions, and along with the traditions we build with our family, I love having holiday traditions like these with our friends, too. I hope Lucy and her buddies will all remember these fun times together!


I know the mommies will!


Already looking forward to next year!

Comments

Gramma & Grampa F said…
Such a beautiful witch and pretty little mermaid!
sister said…
Happy Halloween indeed!
I love that the group has such fun traditions!

Popular Posts