Pumpkiny Goodness

My contribution to the Halloween potluck was dessert. I've been wanting to make some kind of pumpkin goodie since seeing so many yummy looking desserts on Pinterest. But in the end, I decided to go with my mom's recipe for Pumpkin Crunch.

It's been years since I've had it, but I remember it being delicious, so I went for it. I discovered that this is, in no way, a 'healthy' dessert. But then, 'healthy' desserts is generally not my specialty. ;) It is easy to make, and if you like pumpkin you really can't go wrong with this!


Pumpkin Crunch

What you will need:

1 large can pumpkin
1 large can evaporated milk
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 box yellow cake mix
1 chopped walnuts or pecans
2 blocks butter, melted
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip

What you will need to do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a 9x13 pan with waxed paper. Mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, and cinnamon together, then pour into the lined baking pan. Pour the cake mix (dried) over pumpkin mixture. Cover with the nuts, gently pat down. Spoon melted butter evenly over the nuts. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool. Once cooled, invert and peel off waxed paper.

Make the frosting: Mix together the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, and whipped cream or Cool Whip. Frost the cake, then refrigerate.

My recollection was spot on- it is delicious! If you're looking for a pumpkin dessert alternative to pumpkin pie, you should try this!

Comments

Gramma F. said…
Great dessert choice! An easy recipe that never goes wrong. A lady at work makes this dessert year round and it's always a hit.

Popular Posts