Halloween 2011

I was never really into Halloween as a kid. Weird, I know. But that's all in the past, because I love it now! Lucy was really into Halloween this year, which got me really into it, too. Helps that we have a great group of friends with little ones who were similarly in the spirit. You've already seen the fun we've had at all the dress-up events leading up to the big day, and Halloween night lived up to any and all expectations.


We went over to our friends' house in the afternoon, like we normally do, for art. The "art" project for the day: decorating Halloween cookies!






As the dads eventually streamed in after work, the kids played together, and then we enjoyed a yummy potluck dinner.




Eventually, the little ones (and some big ones) changed into costumes, and we all went trick-or-treating together...after some moments of fun chaos.



This neighborhood is *the* place to be on Halloween, let me tell you! Lots of people out and about and lots of elaborate decorations. I think most of the kids were somewhat unsure what to make of it all at first, but they quickly got the hang of it, and then really enjoyed themselves. It was cute to watch them get excited to see the houses with lights on and/or people sitting out on their porches, then going up to each house to say, "trick or treat."







Lucy would say, "Trick or treat!" and then after she got her treat, very politely follow up with, "Thank you! Happy Halloween!" And shortly thereafter, "We go to the next house?" Ha! By the end of the night, she and Bregan were trick-or-treating pros!





I think all of us parents fed off the enthusiasm and excitement of the kids, because the kids all did so well. I didn't see any meltdowns, even though we were all out past everyone's usual bedtimes. Lucy didn't even care about what was in her bag, she was just excited to get something, and just seemed to enjoy the overall experience.


The haul
 
I feel so lucky to have found such a great group of friends made up of awesome parents and amazing two year-olds. Being together for the holiday really made it extra special. Have I mentioned I love where we live? :)

(Part of) the crew: us; Alicia, Michael and Bregan; Lori, Jim, and Aiden; Ivette, Adam, and Ethan; 
Jaime, Chris (not pictured) and Kellan; Kelly, Chris, and Dylan.

I'm already looking forward to next year! As someone pointed out, there will be five (5) more kids in the group come next October (!), since Alicia and Michael are expecting a boy, Lori and Jim and Kelly and Chris are expecting girls, and Ivette and Adam are expecting twins (a boy and a girl)!*

I hope everyone else had a fun Halloween, too!

* Oh yeah, perhaps I forgot to mention that almost everyone I know, and certainly most everyone I hang out with on a daily or weekly basis, is pregnant!

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
Very cute and fun looking!
Re: Oh yeah: Ahem, anyone related to us?
Shan said…
No. No one related to us.
Gramma and Grampa C. said…
You are soooo lucky to have such a great bunch of friends!
*Something in the water?

Popular Posts