I did it!
I finished Couch-to-5K!
When I started C25K two months ago, I really didn't know if I could finish it. It honestly seemed totally inconceivable to me that I would be able to run for 30 minutes straight in nine weeks. When I started, I could barely run for one minute at a time! But, I went in with an open mind and set out to 'just do it.' Whatever the program plan was for each day, I did it. There were days I had my doubts, but I just went with it, thinking I would do as much as I could without giving up, and you know what? I never gave up! I never quit, and I never walked instead. (Well, except when I had to tend to Lucy. She's not yet up on the appropriate running-passenger etiquette.) When I started, I said I would be shocked if I could actually do it. And I did it! And I AM totally shocked! (Haha!) But I am so freaking proud of myself!!! Next to birthing a human, this is probably my biggest accomplishment to date!
This week is my first week of running on my own. I'm not gonna lie- it sucks. It's been really hard. But I plan to continue running. I think I'll be sticking with 30 minute runs for a while, as it's plenty long and challenging for me (i.e.: I feel like I'm going to pass out every time). It's hard, but I love that I'm doing it, I love how I feel after a run, and I love that I'm actually becoming a real runner!
When I started C25K two months ago, I really didn't know if I could finish it. It honestly seemed totally inconceivable to me that I would be able to run for 30 minutes straight in nine weeks. When I started, I could barely run for one minute at a time! But, I went in with an open mind and set out to 'just do it.' Whatever the program plan was for each day, I did it. There were days I had my doubts, but I just went with it, thinking I would do as much as I could without giving up, and you know what? I never gave up! I never quit, and I never walked instead. (Well, except when I had to tend to Lucy. She's not yet up on the appropriate running-passenger etiquette.) When I started, I said I would be shocked if I could actually do it. And I did it! And I AM totally shocked! (Haha!) But I am so freaking proud of myself!!! Next to birthing a human, this is probably my biggest accomplishment to date!
This week is my first week of running on my own. I'm not gonna lie- it sucks. It's been really hard. But I plan to continue running. I think I'll be sticking with 30 minute runs for a while, as it's plenty long and challenging for me (i.e.: I feel like I'm going to pass out every time). It's hard, but I love that I'm doing it, I love how I feel after a run, and I love that I'm actually becoming a real runner!




Comments
CONGRATULATIONS!! Half then full marathon in the future??