22 months!
Dear Lucy,
Oh my goodness, you're 22 months old today! That sounds mildly disconcertingly old and so very close to 24 months (aka: 2 years). What's happened to my baby?
She's growing into an amazing little girl, that's what's happened! I know we say it every now and then, and Daddy just made the comment again this morning- you really are becoming such a little girl. You're doing more and more little girl things.
Like:
1) You 'read stories'. You also like to tell (abridged) versions of play-by-play action of what's going on at the moment, or recounts of the day's events. For example, the other day we went upstairs to play and dye easter eggs with Bregan. You rode up in your car, you guys played and ran around, and played with her toys. When Daddy came home from work, you told him all about it. "B's house! (something something) Car... (something something) eggs... (something something) running! (something something) new toys!" (Don't worry, I took the liberty of filling in the blanks.) You have a knack for remembering all sorts of things- from big events to the littlest details. It's amazing!
2) You got your (second) haircut. (Just a little trim.) We went to a new place called Snip-its- it was fantastic! The 'bracelet' they gave you when we first arrived was a great distraction- you played with that thing the whole time and barely noticed your hair was being cut. You sat still the entire time and didn't fuss at all! And at the end, you were able to trade your 'bracelet' in for a surprise prize, which turned out to be a little whistle. You did so well- we were so proud of you!
3) You have play dates. I'm so happy that we've been able to get together more often with your friends, and your cousins, too! This past month we were lucky in that you were able to visit with both sets of your cousins. Auntie Shelby, Sara, and Nicholas came for a visit, and we also had a fun play date with Auntie Lisa, Kyra and Ally at the park.You always have so much fun with your cousins!
We've also had some fun play dates with your buddies. We had lots of fun at Charlotte's house a couple weeks ago, an awesome easter egg hunt with the neighborhood playgroup crew, and of course, lots of fun with Bregan. :)
4) You, um, disrobe in your crib. I'm not sure if this is typical 'little girl' behavior, but alas, it is something you've been prone to doing as of late. We've since taken preventative measures against this (baby safety pins- thanks, Auntie Shelby, for the tip!), but man, you were on a roll for a while there. Diapers were never removed completely, thank goodness, but we came dangerously close a couple times. Ai-ya!
5) You watch Sesame Street, and color! These two get lumped together just because they make me so happy, since I used to love both so much when I was a little girl. Anyone who knows me well knows my love for Sesame Street. I watched it religiously everyday after school at Grandma's house. And oh my, how I loved to draw and color! I never lost my love for either Sesame Street or crayons, and I love seeing that you enjoy these things, too! You're learning the Sesame Street theme song, which is beyond cute, and you know all the muppet characters. :) As for coloring, you enjoy coloring with your jumbo Crayolas on blank pieces of paper. I've tried giving you a Sesame Street coloring book to scribble on, thinking you would like the pictures, but you seem to prefer the blank pages. When you want to draw, you say, "Crayons?" ("cay-nons") and go over to the shelf where we keep them up high. Seeing you color makes me smile so much!
You're turning into a little girl before our eyes...but you'll always be our baby.
We love you so much!
Oh my goodness, you're 22 months old today! That sounds mildly disconcertingly old and so very close to 24 months (aka: 2 years). What's happened to my baby?
She's growing into an amazing little girl, that's what's happened! I know we say it every now and then, and Daddy just made the comment again this morning- you really are becoming such a little girl. You're doing more and more little girl things.
Like:
1) You 'read stories'. You also like to tell (abridged) versions of play-by-play action of what's going on at the moment, or recounts of the day's events. For example, the other day we went upstairs to play and dye easter eggs with Bregan. You rode up in your car, you guys played and ran around, and played with her toys. When Daddy came home from work, you told him all about it. "B's house! (something something) Car... (something something) eggs... (something something) running! (something something) new toys!" (Don't worry, I took the liberty of filling in the blanks.) You have a knack for remembering all sorts of things- from big events to the littlest details. It's amazing!
2) You got your (second) haircut. (Just a little trim.) We went to a new place called Snip-its- it was fantastic! The 'bracelet' they gave you when we first arrived was a great distraction- you played with that thing the whole time and barely noticed your hair was being cut. You sat still the entire time and didn't fuss at all! And at the end, you were able to trade your 'bracelet' in for a surprise prize, which turned out to be a little whistle. You did so well- we were so proud of you!
3) You have play dates. I'm so happy that we've been able to get together more often with your friends, and your cousins, too! This past month we were lucky in that you were able to visit with both sets of your cousins. Auntie Shelby, Sara, and Nicholas came for a visit, and we also had a fun play date with Auntie Lisa, Kyra and Ally at the park.You always have so much fun with your cousins!
We've also had some fun play dates with your buddies. We had lots of fun at Charlotte's house a couple weeks ago, an awesome easter egg hunt with the neighborhood playgroup crew, and of course, lots of fun with Bregan. :)
4) You, um, disrobe in your crib. I'm not sure if this is typical 'little girl' behavior, but alas, it is something you've been prone to doing as of late. We've since taken preventative measures against this (baby safety pins- thanks, Auntie Shelby, for the tip!), but man, you were on a roll for a while there. Diapers were never removed completely, thank goodness, but we came dangerously close a couple times. Ai-ya!
5) You watch Sesame Street, and color! These two get lumped together just because they make me so happy, since I used to love both so much when I was a little girl. Anyone who knows me well knows my love for Sesame Street. I watched it religiously everyday after school at Grandma's house. And oh my, how I loved to draw and color! I never lost my love for either Sesame Street or crayons, and I love seeing that you enjoy these things, too! You're learning the Sesame Street theme song, which is beyond cute, and you know all the muppet characters. :) As for coloring, you enjoy coloring with your jumbo Crayolas on blank pieces of paper. I've tried giving you a Sesame Street coloring book to scribble on, thinking you would like the pictures, but you seem to prefer the blank pages. When you want to draw, you say, "Crayons?" ("cay-nons") and go over to the shelf where we keep them up high. Seeing you color makes me smile so much!
You're turning into a little girl before our eyes...but you'll always be our baby.
We love you so much!


























Comments
us, you'll always, always, be mommy and daddy's baby.
It's so hard to believe but at this
time next year, you'll probably be going to 'school'!
Don't be so sad Mommy! You'll be so
happy when you pick her up!