We met Santa!

Or, 'Santy,' as Lucy called him.

Santa is obviously a very busy man this time of year.  So how lucky are we that he came to our very own neighborhood?  Very!  We walked over to the park with Alicia and Bregan and our other friends (and neighbors), Marie and Gabrielle.


We arrived a little early, and good thing, because we were able to get a spot up close to the front of the line.  It was chilly out, but the mood was festive.  We awaited The Big Man's arrival with other anxious kids.


He eventually arrived with Christmas music blaring and lights flashing, in a special, decked out sleigh-mobile, complete with LAPD escort!  Very impressive, I must say.



Each child (or child and parent duo, as the case may have been) was able to climb right up onto Santa's sleigh for a little one-on-one time.  Pretty cool, huh?  I was afraid Lucy might freak out, since she did get a little nervous when he first pulled up.  But I think it helped that we had to wait for a little while.  She was able to watch, enjoy the lights and music, and soak it all in, I suppose.  By the time it was our turn, she was fine.


First Santa encounter was a success!  Yay!  I mean, ho ho ho! :)

Comments

Gramma and Grampa C. said…
Oh, boy, Lucy! You got to climb right up on Santa's special sleigh! It must be because you are such a special girl. I'm proud of you for letting your mommy go up with you 'cause she might have been a little nervous by herself. Grampa C. and I love you, and, can't wait for Christmas eve.
Gramma and Grampa F. said…
Lucy, you are very special! You and mommy are the only ones we know of that got to join Santa in his sleigh.

"Santy"? what else do you say? You must be talking a lot. Mom has to make another video, with audio. Hope mom isn't tiring you out with all the Christmas shopping.

Popular Posts