Christmas Twenty-Ten

Wow, our little Luce has grown so much since last Christmas!

Last year, Lucy was so little, she couldn't even sit up on her own yet, so she got to lay on top of all the presents under the tree.  This year, she was able to sit right up next to the tree!  Two things that remained the same?  Christmas jammies and lots of presents!



Her favorite job this year was helping Grampa play Santa, as she helped with handing out gifts to everyone to open.  She liked watching other people open the gifts, even hers, but she did get into the present-opening action, too!





It isn't hard to get into the holiday spirit when everyone else is, too.  Special Christmas hats are a must, no matter how old you are!



We always eat well at Gramma & Grampa's house, and Christmas is no exception.  I have been told that people look forward to my baked goodies at Christmastime, but one thing I always look forward to is Gramma's biscotti!  (Note to Gramma: Although the blondies are my favorite, this year's chocolate-pistachio ones were exceptionally yummy!)


I made a ham and cheese quiche for breakfast, which I think will become our Christmas tradition, since it was easy to prep the night before, put in the oven first thing in the morning, and ready to eat as soon as all the presents were opened!  It also reminds me of the special breakfast that Aunty Carmen makes, that my mom and I used to enjoy on Christmas morning, which makes me happy. 


For dinner, we had an incredible, Thanksgivingish turkey dinner with all the trimmings- so yummy!  (Note to self: I will need to brine our Thanksgiving turkey next year.  OMG, so moist and delicious!)  And we came home with leftovers!  Yum!

Not to be left out, the doogles also got to relax a little, and even got his annual Christmas bath, which I'm sure he loved. ;)


He even seemed to take an interest in the presents, like Lucy's new phone. :)


We all had such a fun day and judging from how much fun Lucy had this year when she was still only partially aware of what was going on, I'm sure it will be even more fun next year.  She's able to recognize Santa Claus this year (she points and says, "Santa!" whenever she sees a Santa), and she most definitely loves all of her presents.




A big THANK YOU! to everyone for all of our gifts!  We played and played and ate and laughed and had a great time!  And at the end of the day, as we packed up for the drive home, our little girl was enthusiastically chatting it up in the car for all of maybe fifteen minutes.  Then, one moment she was babbling away and the next it was complete silence.  We looked back and she was conked out!


Proof positive of an awesome Christmas, if ever I saw one. :)  It was a fantastically wonderful day!  I'm already looking forward to next year!



Merry Christmas from all of us to all of you!

Comments

Gramma and Grampa C. said…
It went by sooooo fast! Lucy and Mommy and Daddy and Doogles, you made our Christmas so special and fun!

You forgot to mention your fabulous gravy, Shan!!!

We love you all so much!
Gramma & Grampa F. said…
What a busy and exciting Christmas Day you had. We love your Christmas jammies!

Your hair has gotten longer in the back and you've grown several more teeth. Wow!
sister said…
I'm glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!
XO

Popular Posts