Happy Love Day!

 Valentine tulips from Brian.  Swoon.

I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day.  The cynic in me calls it out as a holiday created by card companies, one that puts undo pressure on everyone to have a cliched day of romance like those you see in jewelry store commercials.  Guys are expected to deliver on big shows of affection.  And girls, whether we want to or not, hope to receive big shows of affection.  I hate to admit it, but that's how it works.  This is the part I hate.

On the other hand, the sentimental sap in me loves having an excuse to celebrate love- of sweeties, family, and friends.  I've always enjoyed sending and receiving valentines, and I'm especially fond of handmade valentines.  True, we shouldn't depend on one day a year to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us.  But as long as the day exists, why not seize the opportunity? This is the part I love.

This Valentine's Day was especially sweet, for obvious reasons.  We enjoyed spending a quiet, leisurely day together, hanging out, and enjoying Lucy's first V-Day.  We went on a couple walks, went out to lunch, and cooked dinner together at home.  We exchanged gifts, and yes- I made valentines.  And the best part of the day?  It felt like a Saturday, because tomorrow is a holiday!  The weekend isn't over yet! I get another whole day with my guy and my little lady!  Best present ever!

I hope you had a wonderful day today, too! :)

Comments

Grampa F and Gramma F said…
Yes, we had a great V day as well. We also celebrated Chinese New Year with dinner with Aunty Ash and Uncle Grant, and the Toms (a "co-mingling" of sorts).
Thanks for the V day card Miss Lucy!
Ask Mom to tell you about it??!

Popular Posts