Getting Ready for Christmas
Well it's no surprise that Christmas is going to be more fun this year, now that Lucy is here. It's been fun preparing. I haven't watched Elf yet, but be sure that I will! And in the meantime, we've been gearing up in other ways.
We got a tree!
It's not too big, not too small- it's just right.
Luckily, we didn't have to travel far- just across the street to Home Depot!
And our stockings are hung!
And I decided at the last minute that Lucy *needed* a Santa Hat, and so- now she has one!
I managed to keep the stress to a minimum by doing almost all of my shopping online. Next year I plan to do a handmade Christmas. I'm thinking if I start planning now, I may actually have a shot at it. But I just didn't have the time or energy to go all out on the handmade front this year.
I almost didn't bake at all this year either, but I realized that holiday baking is as much for me as anyone else. The one year I didn't bake was the year I moved back to LA, and not only did some friends (and baked goods recipients) miss it, I missed it too. Something was definitely missing from the holidays that year, so I vowed to not let that happen again. I almost said forget it this year, because who has time to bake to the extent that I've done in the past few years? Um, not me! But I can't let a holiday season go by without snowball cookies (and neither can Lisa Anne), so I motivated to bake a few. And I'm glad I did. :)
I also made some bark, just because it's so easy...and yummy!
I'm excited about Christmas this year. (Maybe not as excited as Cindy, but who is?) No real traveling (San Diego doesn't count), no stress, no self-imposed pressure of any kind. This is how Christmas should be!
I'm loving our tree. I wish we could keep it up all year! (Well, not really, but I will be sad when we have to take it down.) It has colorful lights, so I kept the ornaments simple- just clear, frosted, and silver glass balls in different sizes, clear glass drops, and a few special ornaments. I want to start an ornament collection, adding one or two special ones each year.
Santa hasn't even come yet, and we easily have ten times the amount of presents under the tree this year, thanks to our loved ones showering us, and especially Miss Lucy, with gifts. I must admit it's fun to see so many wrapped presents under the tree. Thank you all in advance!
Brian has to work on Christmas Eve (boo!) but then we plan to head down to SD right after he comes home. (Hopefully that won't be *too* late, hopefully the traffic won't be *too* bad, and hopefully that doesn't mess up Lucy's sleep *too* much.) How we will fit the three of us and the doogles and our stuff and our presents in Linus- I'm not sure, but we're gonna do it!
Lucy's first Christmas. Yay!
Happy Holidays, everyone! From our family to yours!
We got a tree!
It's not too big, not too small- it's just right.
Luckily, we didn't have to travel far- just across the street to Home Depot!And our stockings are hung!
And I decided at the last minute that Lucy *needed* a Santa Hat, and so- now she has one!
I managed to keep the stress to a minimum by doing almost all of my shopping online. Next year I plan to do a handmade Christmas. I'm thinking if I start planning now, I may actually have a shot at it. But I just didn't have the time or energy to go all out on the handmade front this year.I almost didn't bake at all this year either, but I realized that holiday baking is as much for me as anyone else. The one year I didn't bake was the year I moved back to LA, and not only did some friends (and baked goods recipients) miss it, I missed it too. Something was definitely missing from the holidays that year, so I vowed to not let that happen again. I almost said forget it this year, because who has time to bake to the extent that I've done in the past few years? Um, not me! But I can't let a holiday season go by without snowball cookies (and neither can Lisa Anne), so I motivated to bake a few. And I'm glad I did. :)
I also made some bark, just because it's so easy...and yummy!
I'm excited about Christmas this year. (Maybe not as excited as Cindy, but who is?) No real traveling (San Diego doesn't count), no stress, no self-imposed pressure of any kind. This is how Christmas should be!I'm loving our tree. I wish we could keep it up all year! (Well, not really, but I will be sad when we have to take it down.) It has colorful lights, so I kept the ornaments simple- just clear, frosted, and silver glass balls in different sizes, clear glass drops, and a few special ornaments. I want to start an ornament collection, adding one or two special ones each year.
Santa hasn't even come yet, and we easily have ten times the amount of presents under the tree this year, thanks to our loved ones showering us, and especially Miss Lucy, with gifts. I must admit it's fun to see so many wrapped presents under the tree. Thank you all in advance!Brian has to work on Christmas Eve (boo!) but then we plan to head down to SD right after he comes home. (Hopefully that won't be *too* late, hopefully the traffic won't be *too* bad, and hopefully that doesn't mess up Lucy's sleep *too* much.) How we will fit the three of us and the doogles and our stuff and our presents in Linus- I'm not sure, but we're gonna do it!
Lucy's first Christmas. Yay!
Happy Holidays, everyone! From our family to yours!


Comments