Week 15: Apple
Aww...
Per BabyCenter, Bean now measures about 4 inches long, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. Furthermore, supposedly if I shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. She is also forming taste buds, even though there's not much for her to taste at this point.
They suggest that we talk to Bean, as it's a great way to start the bonding process and good practice for after the baby's born, since talking to babies is one of the best ways to help them develop language skills. This should make Brian happy, since he's been wanting to do this for a while now. He's also been talking about playing music for Bean, so I guess we can get started on all that now. Fun! :)
As for something not so fun, I'm a little sad at the moment, knowing that the Doogles will not be there when I get home tonight. The house seems so empty when he's not there *sniff, sniff* He is being picked up today by the nice folks from the Lockwood Canine Training Center for his own mini-vacay. Leaving him behind always causes a certain amount of stress and sadness (at least for me personally - I don't know where I get this from...Dad!), but he seemed to do fine the last time we had to leave him and we like to tell ourselves that the experience is good for him. So, we'll just go with that. *sigh* I realize this doesn't bode well for me when it comes time for Bean to, say, go off to her first day of school, or other such events, but maybe I'll be used to it by then.
Changing the subject...On a much happier note , I'm happy to report that the holiday prep festivities have been winding down. Knitted gifts are finished and wrapped, other gifties have been shipped, cards have been mailed, and baked goodies have been sent (and perhaps already eaten), or will be delivered in person shortly! (If you are already in possession of a red box, by all means, do not wait until the 25th - bust into that sucker now!
With most of the prep stuff out of the way, we are getting ready for our mini-vacation up north for Christmas. We will be driving up with Mom & Dad C on the 24th and spending a few days in the Bay Area with Sara and her family. It will definitely be nice to spend the holiday together, and hang out with a fellow preggy family member. Watch out, everyone else (just kidding)! :) Hopefully the weather gods will show at least a modicum of mercy on us thin-skinned SoCal peeps- I really hope to not freeze my butt off and turn Bean into a Beansicle! However, if this morning is any indication, that's not seeming likely, since it was between 39-41 degrees when I left the house this morning...in LA. I swear! Would I kid about this?
Well, I know the week leading up to Christmas is never smooth sailing, but I hope everyone is having a good week, regardless. The big day is coming - let's hope we're all on the "nice" list! :)
Per BabyCenter, Bean now measures about 4 inches long, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. Furthermore, supposedly if I shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. She is also forming taste buds, even though there's not much for her to taste at this point.They suggest that we talk to Bean, as it's a great way to start the bonding process and good practice for after the baby's born, since talking to babies is one of the best ways to help them develop language skills. This should make Brian happy, since he's been wanting to do this for a while now. He's also been talking about playing music for Bean, so I guess we can get started on all that now. Fun! :)
As for something not so fun, I'm a little sad at the moment, knowing that the Doogles will not be there when I get home tonight. The house seems so empty when he's not there *sniff, sniff* He is being picked up today by the nice folks from the Lockwood Canine Training Center for his own mini-vacay. Leaving him behind always causes a certain amount of stress and sadness (at least for me personally - I don't know where I get this from...Dad!), but he seemed to do fine the last time we had to leave him and we like to tell ourselves that the experience is good for him. So, we'll just go with that. *sigh* I realize this doesn't bode well for me when it comes time for Bean to, say, go off to her first day of school, or other such events, but maybe I'll be used to it by then.
Changing the subject...On a much happier note , I'm happy to report that the holiday prep festivities have been winding down. Knitted gifts are finished and wrapped, other gifties have been shipped, cards have been mailed, and baked goodies have been sent (and perhaps already eaten), or will be delivered in person shortly! (If you are already in possession of a red box, by all means, do not wait until the 25th - bust into that sucker now!
With most of the prep stuff out of the way, we are getting ready for our mini-vacation up north for Christmas. We will be driving up with Mom & Dad C on the 24th and spending a few days in the Bay Area with Sara and her family. It will definitely be nice to spend the holiday together, and hang out with a fellow preggy family member. Watch out, everyone else (just kidding)! :) Hopefully the weather gods will show at least a modicum of mercy on us thin-skinned SoCal peeps- I really hope to not freeze my butt off and turn Bean into a Beansicle! However, if this morning is any indication, that's not seeming likely, since it was between 39-41 degrees when I left the house this morning...in LA. I swear! Would I kid about this?Well, I know the week leading up to Christmas is never smooth sailing, but I hope everyone is having a good week, regardless. The big day is coming - let's hope we're all on the "nice" list! :)


Comments