Week 11: Fig
Not much has changed since last week. Still no morning sickness (I'm still not complaining), still tired. I may or may not have slept in until 10am on Sunday, watched some football, then took a 3 hour-long nap. When I emerged from the bedroom at around 3;30pm, I said, "I guess I was tired, " to which Brian answered, "Ya think??" (Too bad I didn't sleep through the Chargers game instead. Man, what a debacle that team has become. Grr...)
According to this week's Baby Center update, Bean, in all her fig-like glory, is just over 1 1/2 inches long and "is now almost fully formed" (whatever that means). Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and these movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional.
I think I can speak for Brian when I say we're glad this is a short work week. Both of us have been experiencing some drama in the workplace. Brian has taken on a supervisor role on his team (woo hoo!), which means he's having to divide his time between managerial tasks, meetings, and getting his own shot work done. I'm convinced it will get easier once he gets used to the pace. I know he'll do an awesome job! As for me, my firm laid off almost 1/4 of the staff last week, and gave everyone else who's left a paycut. Again, I'm not complaining, trust me-I'm thankful I still have a job! That said, it is a pretty stressful, eggshell-walking kind of environment at work right now. I just hope the firm can manage to get through this tough time. (Stupid economy and its trickle-down effects!) Anyway, suffice it to say that it will be really nice to have some extra time off this week, away from the office (and in front of a plateful of turkey). I'm really looking forward to the extra long weekend!
And speaking of the weekend, I want to give a special birthday shoutout to the best, most generous and wonderful stepmom in the world, whose birthday is on Sunday. Happy Birthday, Faye! Love you!
I also want to wish everyone a fabulous Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey and pie and count your blessings. My mom taught me to always look at the positive side of things, even in the toughest of circumstances (she was a real pro at this), and I try to do this as much as I can in my life. And so, this year especially, I am cognizant of how much I have to be truly grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!



Comments