First Glimpse of The Bean

So, part of the reason for starting this blog, aside from keeping track of our family history, is to keep our peeps updated with the latest baby happenings. We want to keep everyone informed and this seems to be the best way to do it, so that everyone can have the latest information (and so that we won't have to repeat ourselves a bunch of times). ;) We plan to post regularly, including updates regarding doctor's visits, tests and test results, and generally all things baby. Please feel free to visit often to see how our little bean is doing. :)

That said, the pregnancy isn't public knowledge just yet. So if you're reading this, please keep it to yourself! We'll let you know we're ready to tell the world, so until you hear it here, shhhh...

We had our first OB visit on Friday, November 7th. We learned several things on that day, first and foremost that there really IS a baby in there! Laugh if you must, but trust me when I say I had serious doubts right up until the moment this picture showed up on the ultrasound monitor:

I half expected the doctor to say, "Yeah, um, you're not pregnant. What are you doing here?" Would I have been embarrassed! But he didn't. We saw our little bean, big head, nubby little limbs, beating heart, and all! According to the doctor, Bean seems to be the right size for how far along we are. Which would be 8 weeks and 6 days at the time of the appointment, which woud make the due date June 13, 2009 (a day before Lisa Anne's birthday!) Mark your calendars! :)

I will say that the pregnancy has been going well so far. *knock on wood* In fact, part of the reason I've had doubts about the pregnancy is because I haven't experienced many of the usual tell-tale signs of pregnancy, such as morning sickness. At least, I haven't experienced it yet. I'm sort of hoping I'll be spared that part considering it hasn't happened yet, but I don't want to jinx myself! Mostly I've been feeling more tired than normal, and my back has been requiring frequent rubs (that part isn't new). Other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing so far. *knock on wood again* As far as food goes, besides wanting all things sugary and salty* (again, nothing new), I can't get enough fruit and smoothies, and I've been craving comfort food like crazy. I've already made Mom and Grandma Oato's beef stew/soup once and I've got a pot roast in the slow cooker as we speak. Perhaps I will crave salad one of these days ...

* Pickles and ice cream? Bring it on! I'm serious. I laughed out loud when I realized we left the grocery store with both of those items in tow, but man did it hit the spot. Who knew there really was something to that combo?!

Comments

Jen said…
How fun! And I love that the bean's just hanging out, floating around. Life's already starting off good ;)

Popular Posts