Jack!

Look who I got to spend a few hours with yesterday!

Jack!!


He was on his way home from college and had a longer than average layover at LAX. Lisa had asked me if I were available, would I mind hanging out with him during the stop over. Are you kidding me? Has Jack, since be was born, not been one of my very favorite people?? I was more than happy to!

Jack mentioned that Lisa had been asking him for photos, so I texted the above picture to her. We got this one in return. :)


We had just enough time to have lunch at my favorite ramen place and catch a quick view of the city before it was time to pick up Lucy from school. As soon as she walked out of her class, she asked, "Where is Jack?" "Right there," I said, and she went over and gave him a hug. :) She immediately  started to chat his ear off.


Then it was time to drop him back off at the airport. Lucy actually got really sad as he walked away and said, "But, I want Jack to stay with us." :( I said hopefully he can come back, or maybe we could visit him next time. She brought it up at least five more times before bed. So cute.

I have to say, Jack is such a great kid. This is not at all surprising, considering he has always been a great kid. Smart, sweet, friendly, polite. And also considering his parents Lisa and Darin do an amazing job of raising awesome kids. They have always been, and remain, parent idols to me. I have to admit, was a little worried at first, that he would be hanging out with me against his will, just because his mom wanted him to (as opposed to hanging out by himself in the airport). Lisa told me repeatedly that he was looking forward to seeing me, but- really? I mean, he's an 18 year old dude, after all. Would he really want to hang out with an aunty? ;) But I think we both had a good time.


I guess I will always have a special place in my heart for Jack. He was the first of the kiddos, and probably the one I've spent the most one-on-one time with. Here is a slightly older picture of us.


Such a fun time. My heart was full. :)

Comments

Popular Posts