Ballerina in motion

I know, I know, I know, I KNOW. It's been a really long time since I last posted. Obviously. But things come up and then I get out of the habit, then before I know it, months upon months have passed. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things.

What better way to jump back into posting, than with a video? :) This is from today, from a little performance at Lucy's dance class.

Lucy LOVES to dance. She loves her dance class, which is mostly ballet, with a little bit of tap. Her teacher Camille even pulled me aside one day a few weeks ago (a few weeks after starting with her) to share with me that she thinks Lucy has talent. She said, "Lucy is amazing!" and asked if she's been dancing long. When I told her it hasn't been that long (less than a year), she said she thinks Lucy has "something special," that sets her apart from the other girls in class, and said that she doesn't come across this often. Then she insisted that we keep her in dance.

Um, considering how much she loves to dance, I don't think we'll have much of a choice. ;) Which is fine with me. She loves it, and while Brian and I are clearly not experts, we have also noticed that she seems to have a sense of rhythm and even grace, when she dances.

During our nightly pre-bedtime dance parties where we play music and she dances, she's been almost choreographing little routines, coming up with dances moves that are a joy to watch. Also funny, and cute. She seems to enjoy performing. At least for us.

I wasn't sure how she would do when it came time to perform this dance in class. It was just one routine, to one song, that they've been working on for a few weeks. Parents usually watch the class through a glass window, but we were able to go into the studio for the performance- I mean, show. "It's a SHOW, mama!"

Well, see for yourself, but I think it's pretty much the cutest thing ever in the world. I could hardly concentrate, between holding the camera, watching, and trying to contain the smiles/tears.

This is what pure joy looks like.


I'm so proud of her. And most of all, I love seeing the joy the exudes from her when she dances. It's just the best, happiest thing!

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
Cheeks hurt and vision was blurred! Sooooo cute! And, as Gramma F said, "...and not just because she's my granddaughter!"
Jen said…
Spectacular!! I may be biased but she shined :D (B thought so too, and I didn't tell him what the teacher said!) So awesome :)

Popular Posts