The most wonderful time of the year
I give up. I'm officially in love with the holidays, and I'm sure I have Lucy to thank. Since she's come into our lives, the holidays are filled with so many fun activities and traditions, that I can't help but get sucked into the joy of the season. Here's a roundup of just some of the fun we've been having so far, aside from the advent calendar activities, which I've already touched upon.
We attended Lucy's preschool's Annual Holiday Breakfast. Lucy's preschool has an annual holiday breakfast, which also serves as a fundraiser. There was a silent auction, kids donned their jammies, made some holiday crafts, saw Santa, and sang "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer." (Well, kind of sang, sort of.)
The next week, Santa visited the neighborhood. Every year, Santa stops by our neighborhood on his LAPD-escorted sleigh-mobile. Every year, we get out there early so we can be at the front, and guess who got to be first this year? That's right! Despite talking up a good game beforehand about how she was going to tell Santa what she wanted ("it's a secret"), she barely said a word. Oh well, it was still fun!
A couple nights later, us mommies attended a "Favorite Things" party. We decided that we wanted (and deserved!) some time together. Ivette came up with a Favorite Things party, and Alicia hosted us. We showed up in our jammies, ordered yummy food from Pitfire Pizza. Each brought five of our favorite things around the $6 price point and wine or dessert to share. We all ended up with five new things, and then did a little bit of a white elephant at the end. I love what I ended up with. This was so much fun, we're definitely going to do it again!
The following day, we went to take our annual group photo with Santa. Once again, we met up at the mall to take pictures and then have lunch afterward. We were really impressed and proud of the kiddos that they posed with Santa by themselves this year. I'm still in shock that Lucy was so willing. Just shows what the power of friends can do!
Two days later was a "North Pole Breakfast" at Ivette's house. Ivette and her family hosted a holiday party for us last year as well, but this year was a breakfast where the kids came in their jammies. Everyone brought food (I made 7 layer jello!), Ivette made the cutest plates for the kids, and the kids exchanged Secret Santa gifts. Another one of my favorite holiday traditions!
It's been such a busy time, we've been having so. much. fun! I love this part of the holidays- having the excuse to do fun things and spend lots of time with our favorite people. Once again, I feel so fortunate to live where we live and to have the family of friends that we have in our lives. I will treasure these memories forever, and I hope Lucy will, too!
We attended Lucy's preschool's Annual Holiday Breakfast. Lucy's preschool has an annual holiday breakfast, which also serves as a fundraiser. There was a silent auction, kids donned their jammies, made some holiday crafts, saw Santa, and sang "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer." (Well, kind of sang, sort of.)
A couple nights later, us mommies attended a "Favorite Things" party. We decided that we wanted (and deserved!) some time together. Ivette came up with a Favorite Things party, and Alicia hosted us. We showed up in our jammies, ordered yummy food from Pitfire Pizza. Each brought five of our favorite things around the $6 price point and wine or dessert to share. We all ended up with five new things, and then did a little bit of a white elephant at the end. I love what I ended up with. This was so much fun, we're definitely going to do it again!
cracking up
"tongues"
Our favorite: "you just walked in on your parents having s-x"
just us. :)
the 'big kids'
the babies
the official photo
Two days later was a "North Pole Breakfast" at Ivette's house. Ivette and her family hosted a holiday party for us last year as well, but this year was a breakfast where the kids came in their jammies. Everyone brought food (I made 7 layer jello!), Ivette made the cutest plates for the kids, and the kids exchanged Secret Santa gifts. Another one of my favorite holiday traditions!
It's been such a busy time, we've been having so. much. fun! I love this part of the holidays- having the excuse to do fun things and spend lots of time with our favorite people. Once again, I feel so fortunate to live where we live and to have the family of friends that we have in our lives. I will treasure these memories forever, and I hope Lucy will, too!

































Comments