Advent calendar activity, day 20

Make (and eat!) doughnuts at home!


Why doughnuts, you ask? 1) She only eats certain kinds of cookies, but she loves doughnuts so I thought she would enjoy this, and 2) It's doughnuts: yum!


Before you get too excited, they weren't made from scratch, although I would love to try making "real" homemade doughnuts one of these days. These were "fake" doughnuts, made using canned biscuit dough (e.g. Pillsbury). My grandma used to make these for me when I was little and I loved them! This is the first time I tried making them myself. They're really easy.


Easy Doughnuts

What you need:

canned biscuit dough (regular, not crescent, not flaky)
oil
sugar for coating

What you do:

- Take the biscuits and punch out a hole in the center (I'm sure there is a special tool for this, but we used the cap from a bottle of olive oil).
- Fry in oil, then drain on paper towels.
- Coat in sugar. My grandma used granulated sugar, so that's what we used, but I'm sure confectioner's sugar would be great, as would homemade glaze.


They were so fast and easy. Almost too easy- yum! Lucy was so excited to help make these.


And eat them!

Comments

Jen said…
So much fun!! They look real even if they are fake ;)

Popular Posts