4th Anniversary
I love celebrating our anniversary. I love having an excuse to look back at wedding photos and reminisce about that very special day, and an excuse to really stop and think about the life that we built (and continue to build) together. It fills me with gratitude.
We had such a nice day today. A big factor of that being the Lucy had a good day. She was in a really good, compliant mood, meaning we got along well (unlike Monday, for instance), and was fun and especially cute the entire day. She had school in the morning, which allowed me to have a bit of time to myself, which was lovely as always. After I picked her up, we went to have lunch with Brian and Lucy got to visit Daddy's office, which is one of her favorite things to do. We went back home to nap (her, not me) and then she helped me make Daddy's anniversary present (chocolate-covered strawberries). She was SO excited to be able to help, and I loved that we did it together.
She helped stir the melted chocolate.
Of course, it had to be tasted. ;)
She did a great job at helping me dip the berries in the chocolate, ever so gently...
And then lifting them out, ever so gently.
Waiting for them to harden took some patience, but then we got to admire the fruits of our labor (no pun intended) and get them ready to give to Daddy.
Brian came home from work with the most gorgeous, and ginormous, bouquet of flowers I had ever seen, as well as a small bouquet for Lucy! It was pretty much the cutest thing ever, and Lucy was as thrilled as I was! Girls- we love our flowers! :)
So much love. So much gratitude. It was a great day! :)
We had such a nice day today. A big factor of that being the Lucy had a good day. She was in a really good, compliant mood, meaning we got along well (unlike Monday, for instance), and was fun and especially cute the entire day. She had school in the morning, which allowed me to have a bit of time to myself, which was lovely as always. After I picked her up, we went to have lunch with Brian and Lucy got to visit Daddy's office, which is one of her favorite things to do. We went back home to nap (her, not me) and then she helped me make Daddy's anniversary present (chocolate-covered strawberries). She was SO excited to be able to help, and I loved that we did it together.
She helped stir the melted chocolate.
Of course, it had to be tasted. ;)
She did a great job at helping me dip the berries in the chocolate, ever so gently...
And then lifting them out, ever so gently.
Waiting for them to harden took some patience, but then we got to admire the fruits of our labor (no pun intended) and get them ready to give to Daddy.
Brian came home from work with the most gorgeous, and ginormous, bouquet of flowers I had ever seen, as well as a small bouquet for Lucy! It was pretty much the cutest thing ever, and Lucy was as thrilled as I was! Girls- we love our flowers! :)
So much love. So much gratitude. It was a great day! :)












Comments
You have a cuttie pie Helper!!
I LOVE that you have such a great hubs who makes you happy! What a great anniversary!