Our little artist

Lucy has been drawing a lot more recently. Specifically, faces. The first thing she drew (painted) that was on purpose and kind-of-a-thing, was a ladybug. Specifically, "A ladybug for B" (Bregan). I helped coach her along, only in terms of giving her ideas of what to draw, but I didn't tell her how or where to put them. If you look closely, you will see the small rectanglish head with two eyes, antennae above, round body, arms, and legs, and no ladybug would be complete without spots (in this case, in a row)! Her first 'real' drawing! I was so proud!


Since then, she's been drawing lots of faces, usually of Mommy and Daddy. The first one I can remember was a picture in my Mother's Day card. :)


We both tend to look somewhat frazzled. I don't *think* it's intentional, but maybe she is even more observant than we think. ;) Mommy:


Daddy is most often portrayed having just one eye, a la Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc. :)


This was her most recent painting, from art class on Friday. Face with eyes, eyebrows, a nose, and mouth, hair, ears, little arms, legs with feet. I love it!


I've noticed that her fine motor skills are improving overall, and when it comes to art and craft projects. She's able to concentrate for longer periods of time- in general and while completing specific tasks, and she's gotten a lot more precise about how she applies glue and where and how she places items.



It's really neat to watch her progress, especially when it comes to doing things I really enjoy as well. Little hands crafting makes me smile. :)

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F said…
Swimmer, skateboarder, artist!
And, soon to be pre-schooler!
Wow! And we were just saying that
one of these days we'll be saying
"Imagine, Lucy is 10 years old!"
Nah!! You're really moving thru the years. We love you Lucy!
Your mom and dad, who we recognize in your art work, are doing a great job guiding you along!
Jen said…
LOVE the little artist hands :) E still holds his pens (most often) like he has a claw for a hand - ah, boys ;)

Popular Posts