Another fun day with friends
Today marked another day of firsts for our family: our first 'real' train ride and Lucy's first theatrical experience going to see Sesame Street Live! Jaime organized the Sesame Street part of the day, and then Ivette had the brilliant idea to take the train downtown to the show. The LA Metro is a relatively new
thing in our neck of the woods, so it was the first time for all of us
who decided to ride the train. (About half of us traveled by train, and
we met the others at the theater.)
Verdict on the train? Awesome! We didn't have to drive very far to the station, free parking, and $1.50 tickets, and a 24-minute ride into downtown LA. We saved money by not having to parking in the over-priced parking lots in the area, and we probably saved time (and sanity) by not having to drive there. Plus, it was fun! There is a train station right at Exposition Park downtown, so another fun excursion would be to take the train to the Natural History Museum or California Science Center sometime. The train also goes right by USC, so you could, theoretically, go there, too, but who would want to do that? ;) (Ivette, her husband Adam, and I are all Bruins, so we couldn't help but joke about that.)
The kids were so excited to ride on the train, and were very inquisitive throughout the ride, taking in all the sights and sounds.
In no time, we were at our stop downtown, just a short walk from the theater.
We met up with the rest of the gang outside, and got ready for the show!
Verdict on the show? Awesome! If you know anything about me, you know how much I love all things Sesame Street. I watched it every single day when I was little, thought the muppets were my friends, and I want(ed) more than anything to go to Sesame Street to visit. So, of course, I loved it. Lucy doesn't watch Sesame Street all that often anymore, but she loved the show, too. She was very attentive, and even sang and clapped along in parts.
After the show, some of us went out to lunch at the ESPN Zone, before heading back to the train station. For being a relatively long fieldtrip, I thought the kids did great. We had so much fun!
Days like this remind me, once again, of how lucky we are to have such a great group of friends, big and little. I know we parents treasure these times together, and I know the kids will as well.
Verdict on the train? Awesome! We didn't have to drive very far to the station, free parking, and $1.50 tickets, and a 24-minute ride into downtown LA. We saved money by not having to parking in the over-priced parking lots in the area, and we probably saved time (and sanity) by not having to drive there. Plus, it was fun! There is a train station right at Exposition Park downtown, so another fun excursion would be to take the train to the Natural History Museum or California Science Center sometime. The train also goes right by USC, so you could, theoretically, go there, too, but who would want to do that? ;) (Ivette, her husband Adam, and I are all Bruins, so we couldn't help but joke about that.)
In no time, we were at our stop downtown, just a short walk from the theater.
We met up with the rest of the gang outside, and got ready for the show!
After the show, some of us went out to lunch at the ESPN Zone, before heading back to the train station. For being a relatively long fieldtrip, I thought the kids did great. We had so much fun!
Days like this remind me, once again, of how lucky we are to have such a great group of friends, big and little. I know we parents treasure these times together, and I know the kids will as well.


















Comments