Postcard from Legoland Day

Continuing the fun of our spring break, we went to San Diego on Thursday to spend the day with family we don't see nearly enough. Shelby, Sara, and Nicholas were visiting, so we met up with them and Gramma C at Legoland.


I was looking forward to going to Legoland because I've heard such good things, but honestly? I wasn't impressed. Initially I thought that could be attributed to the fact that we had been to Disneyland just two days prior, but I wasn't the only one who felt underwhelmed- all of my adult counterparts shared my view. We found it to be poorly planned, laid out, and run, not to mention really overpriced for what you get. On the other hand, we all enjoyed being together and the most important thing is the kids had fun- especially Sara. :)



The lines to the rides were long, but the cousins had fun along the way. I must say, I'm really impressed at how patient Lucy was at both Disneyland and Legoland, with all the waiting.








And the rides, while short, were a good time, too. Everyone seemed to have a blast on the Sky Patrol ride.








We even stopped to get a caricature of Lucy. She was really excited about it an sat patiently while an artist named Marco drew her as a giant-headed princess. :) It turned out really cute, but we forgot it at Gramma & Grampa's house, so I'll post a picture after we get it back.


The Lego objects around the park were really cool. One of my favorites were this cool elephant (of course, since I LOVE elephants). :)


We found Miniland especially cool.


It was fun to see some of my favorite buildings and venues in mini, Lego form, such as The Guggenheim and Hollywood Bowl.



It was also fun to see Lucy look King Kong-sized. Hee! :)


Peace out, Legoland!


After Legoland, we went back to Gramma & Grampa's house for dinner and an early 3rd birthday celebration for Nicholas. This was probably my favorite part of the day, since we were able to spend time together just hanging out at the house. The cousins talked and played with each other- it was the cutest thing!








The birthday party portion of the day was awesome. It was so nice to be able to celebrate with the birthday boy, who clearly enjoyed his Spider-Man decorated cupcake.









Before we had to leave for home, Sara read a bedtime story to Lucy. It was precious.



Yay for family time, and especially cousin time. It was a great day! :)

Comments

Shelby said…
Best time ever.
Jen said…
I am also so impressed with how well they can wait in lines. Especially when I am seriously close to freaking out on the inside ;)

Also - E refuses to go on that helicopter ride! Ha!

Popular Posts