Yay, wedding!

I had the honor and pleasure of attending the wedding of one of my favorite people, Matt, and his beautiful bride, Kristin, last weekend.

  Matt & Kristin

Originally, we had hoped to make a weekend out of it, but when the time came to rsvp, Brian thought he might have to work over the weekend, so after much thought, we decided that just I would go, just for one day, and B would stay back and, if he had to work, we would figure out childcare help. Turns out that, although he didn't have to work, the family was stricken with colds. While I also suffered from a sore throat and mild cold, I was the least-sick of the sickies, so it worked out. Not that it would have mattered. I wouldn't have missed that wedding for anything. I would have gone, no matter how sick I was. Matt and I have said that we are the younger brother/older sister each other never had, so it meant the world to me that I be there to celebrate his special day.


So, it was a super short trip up north- from Sunday to Monday, but it was great. Not only was I able to attend one of my best pal's wedding, I got to hang out with Susan and Kanji, and see some other friends as well.





Susan & me

Noelle & Suz

 Caroline & Matt

It was a great wedding! Heartfelt, filled with love, and really fun. And any opportunity I have to be on the same dance floor with Kanji, I know is going to be fun times!


Da Kanj

I'm so glad I was able to go. Truth be told, I needed a break. And although it wasn't necessarily a "restful" getaway, I think it did help me get over whatever I had more quickly. I was even able to knit a little while waiting at various points in time. It was a lovely 27 hours or so.


I'm also glad Brian and Lucy were able to have some nice Daddy-daughter time. Apparently, Lucy wanted to eat her meals at the desk while I was away. :)

lunch

dinner

Comments

Popular Posts