Excuse to post photos

Sometimes I have to find photos to go with what I want to post about. This time, I'm making up a post, purely so I can post some photos. Since it was not-so-subtly hinted that it's been a while since I've posted (and I don't think the previous post about my birthday counts). ;)


What can I say? This month has been flying by! Since the holidays, we've re-immersed ourselves into our daily and weekly routines. A few new developments have also come into play.


1. No more high chair. This occurred at Gramma and Grampa's house over the holidays. She started off in the high chair, then transitioned to a booster seat. We decided to continue the trend when we got home. She likes to eat her breakfast, and sometimes lunch, at the coffee table (I know, but hey- if it makes her happy and she eats, I'm okay with it!) but eats dinner up at the big table. The main thing is that she is eating! Her repertoire of acceptable food items is not vast by any stretch of the imagination, but we are thrilled that she is not eating regular food! Her breakfast is usually a berry medley of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, with some dry cereal and a cereal bar, and milk. Other food high in the rotation are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (half of a sandwich, in one piece- she likes to hold it and take bites) or maybe grilled cheese sandwiches (which is interesting, as she will not touch cheese by itself), tofu with shoyu, and, of course, noodles of all kinds and shapes. However, she is very particular about mac and cheese. She won't eat orange mac & cheese, and she prefers fusilli shapes, sometimes little shells. She also likes her pasta with just butter. No tomato sauce. Turkey bologna, but only one brand. Eggs, bacon, toast, fries, of course, lots of different kinds of fruit. Sadly, her vegetable intake has dramatically increased, as has her animal protein intake, since doing away with the purees, but we keep trying.




2. No pants. She wants to change her clothes all the time, and is sometimes just content to go sans pants altogether. In the house, of course. Meanwhile, I have the heat on and am fully clothed, with my Uggs on. Crazy kid.




We seem to be getting a little closer to starting to potty training, but no big things to report yet. Since this is a source of stress, we'll just leave it at that. But we (I) am working up to really committing to doing it for real. In the meantime, if anyone wants to come over to potty-train her, you're immediately hired! I will pay.

Other than that, we've been having fun at mommy & me school, classes, and playing with friends.














She's in a big Daddy phase right now. Usually I'm okay with it, especially when she insists on Daddy doing things for her, but other times it's a little harder. I try not to take it personally, but when she refuses to hug and kiss me goodnight, it can be a bummer. Especially after particularly challenging days. You want to end it on a nice, loving moment, but then- denied! But, I do try to keep it in perspective. I've heard from other moms that this is a phase, and I know that she's not trying to hurt my feelings. While she usually reserves jubilant greetings for Brian, she is also sometimes extra excited to see me, too. :) Like at mommy & me school, when it's time to reconnect after our hour apart. Today she ran in, and when she saw me, exclaimed, "Mommy!" I scooped her up (after snapping a quick shot) and she said, "I'm so happy to see you, Mommy!" Ah, my girl.


Sorry, I meant to post this weeks ago. And I will ignore the urge I keep having to make this post more interesting and just post it already, so that I don't waste anymore time. I will try to be better about posting. Life has just been moving too fast! Tell it to stop!

Comments

Shelby said…
Don't worry about the daddy phase!! It happens to us all!! She loves you both tons. And do NOT rush the potty training, girl!! It is stressful enough - and as long as you don't have another one on the way, take your time. Miss you guys!!
sister said…
I agree! I cannot believe it's already the middle of February! Thank you for sharing the pics and about the new developments :)

OH! and for the record I miss you so much that I would run up to you and give you BIG hug too!

Popular Posts