Mama's Day!
As I mentioned last year, Mother's Day has taken on a new meaning to me since becoming a mom myself. In short, I am a BIG fan of Mom's Day! It's an opportunity to celebrate my mom, who I love and miss every day; it's an opportunity to celebrate the other moms, who are so important to me; it's an opportunity to celebrate being the mom of Lucy, who overwhelms me with pure joy and love every day; and it's an opportunity to celebrate my friends- amazing moms who inspire me every day.
Why celebrate? Because moms deserve to be celebrated! Why? Because being a mom is hard! I've said it before and I'll say it again- being a mom is the most challenging, but most rewarding experience of my life. It is even harder and more amazing than I ever imagined (and trust me- I imagined it would be really hard, yet really rewarding)! I recognize the energy, effort, and love that goes into being a good mom, and I give hearty props to all who do it, and do it well. I don't think moms are ever appreciated quite enough, which is why I have no problem taking one day out of the year as an excuse to celebrate.
Last Saturday, I organized a pre-Mom's Day luncheon for a few friends. My sister Lisa, friends Jen, Susan, Alicia, and I met up at One Pico at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica for a lovely beachfront lunch. (We missed Heather, who couldn't make it.) I even made felted wool gift bowls for everyone filled with tea, Nutella cookies, and a lavender sachet. Unfortunately, we had too much fun to remember to take any photos. :( So you'll just have to take it from me that we looked pretty, the setting was beautiful, and we had a lovely time! I believe we decided this will become an annual tradition, which is just fine by me!
Today we went to San Diego to celebrate Mom's Day, Gramma C's birthday (May 1st) and Brian's birthday (May 11th). We had a delicious champagne brunch, followed by some gift exchanges, and quality time.
Being a mom allows me to experience pure joy, love, and wonderment on a daily basis. I couldn't be luckier. And that is why I love to celebrate.
Happy Mommy's Day to you all!










Comments
You are such an amazing mom, and I love reading your posts and celebrating all of your Mommie and LJ moments!
XO
PS. I'm glad that your get together with the girls was a lot of fun!!! I am hoping our tea will be a tradition as well!
You're a great Mommy. We're certain that Mom is as proud of you as she loves you. And, we know she loves Lucy very much too!