My First Mother's Day!
I have to admit that Mother's Day sort of lost it a little for me after my mom passed away. Although I have amazing moms in my life who I love and love to celebrate, the holiday just hasn't been the same for me in recent years. That is, until this year. I'm happy to say that I now have a renewed joy for this day - I've been downright geekishly giddy about Mother's Day this year - now that I am a mom.:)
I used to view Mother's Day only as a day for a child to celebrate his or her mom (or other mother figures in their life). Now that I'm a mom myself, I have a different perspective. I now see this as a day for a mom to celebrate being a mom. Specifically, a day for me to be able to celebrate being Lucy's mom. I do this on a daily basis, of course, but it's nice to have a dedicated day on which to celebrate how truly lucky and blessed I am to be her mom. I couldn't be more happy and grateful. Thank you, Brian and Lucy, for giving me a reason to celebrate this holiday!
I have to say, my first Mother's Day was awesome! I was gifted a beautiful bouquet of flowers, very sweet cards that made me teary (in a good way), and not one, but two lovely Tiffany's boxes (with stuff in them, even!) from my guy and my girl; I was able to celebrate with the best mom-in-law in the world; and I was even able to get in some dedicated knitting time in the car on the drive to San Diego. What's wrong with this picture? Nothing! Best of all, I was able to celebrate being Lucy's mommy, and you better believe that's what I did, all day long. :)
Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms (and moms-to-be)! I hope your day was as wonderful as mine!
I used to view Mother's Day only as a day for a child to celebrate his or her mom (or other mother figures in their life). Now that I'm a mom myself, I have a different perspective. I now see this as a day for a mom to celebrate being a mom. Specifically, a day for me to be able to celebrate being Lucy's mom. I do this on a daily basis, of course, but it's nice to have a dedicated day on which to celebrate how truly lucky and blessed I am to be her mom. I couldn't be more happy and grateful. Thank you, Brian and Lucy, for giving me a reason to celebrate this holiday!
I have to say, my first Mother's Day was awesome! I was gifted a beautiful bouquet of flowers, very sweet cards that made me teary (in a good way), and not one, but two lovely Tiffany's boxes (with stuff in them, even!) from my guy and my girl; I was able to celebrate with the best mom-in-law in the world; and I was even able to get in some dedicated knitting time in the car on the drive to San Diego. What's wrong with this picture? Nothing! Best of all, I was able to celebrate being Lucy's mommy, and you better believe that's what I did, all day long. :)
Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms (and moms-to-be)! I hope your day was as wonderful as mine!




Comments
sounds like it was great - Lucy is a lucky little girl with a mom like you :)
and thanks for the sweet card, love hearing from you in hardcopy form!!!
We love you! (PS-Happy Birthday to Brian!)