23 months!
Dear Lucy,
You are such a big girl- you're 23 months old today!
So many of your buddies at our Mommy & Me class have been turning 2. It's so hard to believe you guys are getting so big! Just a month away from your birthday...so crazy we won't be counting your age in months pretty soon!
The last few weeks have been a little crazy, with the craziness reaching a particularly rough crescendo a couple weeks ago. You had a runny nose, had little interest in eating, refused a meal- at which you decided to shove a raisin up your nose, I might add (I got it out, but not before much panic), threw up another meal, and were a little feisty overall. I had a 24 (or 48) hour bug during that same week, and Daddy was also working late during the week as well as on the Saturday before and after. It was pretty bad. But, we survived, and things are back to almost normal now, which is great!
A few things you love right now:
- Petting and playing fetch with the dog. You like to throw either his frog toy or a tennis ball to him as you say, "fetch!" (we're not sure where you learned that, by the way). And you love to pet him- gently. We've taught you to be careful around the dog, so whenever you get close to him, you say, "careful." He's good with you in general, although he does have an urge to growl sometimes, so we make sure one of us is around when you play with him.
- Watching the Toy Story movies. Again and again. Still. You can't get enough. It's fun to listen to you describe what's happening- as it's happening, and also later when something reminds you of the movies. You're also still way into Sesame Street, and you're still a fan of Mickey and the gang as well.
- Sitting on your potty. No, not *for real*. We got a potty for you to get used to, which is currently in the living room. You like to use it as a chair. (Note: We really want to get you a little table and chairs set.)
- Regularly talking in sentences of two, three, or more words. You still ask us what things are, and like to repeat everything we say. You are able to ask for what you want and tell us what you want. Nice work! And it still blows my mind that you understand what we say. If we ask you to do something, you can do it. Or if we are explaining something to you, you can understand what we're saying. It's so amazing!
- Doing art! This makes me indescribably happy. I'm going to devote a post to this topic- that's how happy it makes me. But for now I'll say that you love it, and love that you love it. When I say that we're going to do art, you say, "art!" You especially love coloring and painting.
You're getting to be so big, and as usual this is so bittersweet for me. You're so amazing and cute- it sometimes makes me wonder how you can possibly ever get any cuter. But I remember thinking this from time to time since you were a baby, and continue to find myself thinking the same thing, so obviously you will- become even more amazing and even cuter. Seriously hard to believe, but I'm sure it'll happen. You continue to amaze us every single day. You might think that's an exaggeration when I say that, but it really is true. Daddy and I talk about it all the time.
You make our lives...well, you just make our lives. We love you!
You are such a big girl- you're 23 months old today!
So many of your buddies at our Mommy & Me class have been turning 2. It's so hard to believe you guys are getting so big! Just a month away from your birthday...so crazy we won't be counting your age in months pretty soon!
The last few weeks have been a little crazy, with the craziness reaching a particularly rough crescendo a couple weeks ago. You had a runny nose, had little interest in eating, refused a meal- at which you decided to shove a raisin up your nose, I might add (I got it out, but not before much panic), threw up another meal, and were a little feisty overall. I had a 24 (or 48) hour bug during that same week, and Daddy was also working late during the week as well as on the Saturday before and after. It was pretty bad. But, we survived, and things are back to almost normal now, which is great!
A few things you love right now:
- Petting and playing fetch with the dog. You like to throw either his frog toy or a tennis ball to him as you say, "fetch!" (we're not sure where you learned that, by the way). And you love to pet him- gently. We've taught you to be careful around the dog, so whenever you get close to him, you say, "careful." He's good with you in general, although he does have an urge to growl sometimes, so we make sure one of us is around when you play with him.
- Watching the Toy Story movies. Again and again. Still. You can't get enough. It's fun to listen to you describe what's happening- as it's happening, and also later when something reminds you of the movies. You're also still way into Sesame Street, and you're still a fan of Mickey and the gang as well.
- Sitting on your potty. No, not *for real*. We got a potty for you to get used to, which is currently in the living room. You like to use it as a chair. (Note: We really want to get you a little table and chairs set.)
- Regularly talking in sentences of two, three, or more words. You still ask us what things are, and like to repeat everything we say. You are able to ask for what you want and tell us what you want. Nice work! And it still blows my mind that you understand what we say. If we ask you to do something, you can do it. Or if we are explaining something to you, you can understand what we're saying. It's so amazing!
- Doing art! This makes me indescribably happy. I'm going to devote a post to this topic- that's how happy it makes me. But for now I'll say that you love it, and love that you love it. When I say that we're going to do art, you say, "art!" You especially love coloring and painting.
You're getting to be so big, and as usual this is so bittersweet for me. You're so amazing and cute- it sometimes makes me wonder how you can possibly ever get any cuter. But I remember thinking this from time to time since you were a baby, and continue to find myself thinking the same thing, so obviously you will- become even more amazing and even cuter. Seriously hard to believe, but I'm sure it'll happen. You continue to amaze us every single day. You might think that's an exaggeration when I say that, but it really is true. Daddy and I talk about it all the time.
You make our lives...well, you just make our lives. We love you!











Comments
Maybe dad???
xo